Subaru WRX Forum banner

What nights do you want to stay for Pocono?

• Friday night

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Saturday night

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Both Friday and Saturday night

Votes: 1 25.0%
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How cool is this? If you own a WRX, the SCCA wants you to take a couple parade laps around Pocono Raceway during their next event!

Here's the deal. Come out to Pocono raceway on August 3rd and/or 4th, pay $15 per day or $25 for the whole weekend, watch the SCCA races, and then during lunch, we get to take parade laps in our cars!!!! :eek:

Also, we get to park in our own parking lot in the pits called the "WRX Car Corral."

This is soooo freaking cool, I'm going.

Hope to see you there!!!!

Contact Judy Bloeser of the Phila. SCCA at 610-965-0585 or [email protected] with any questions.

-Jim

·
Registered
298 Posts
sounds cool, but what do they mean by parade lap? just drive around in formation slowly for others to see what the cars look like, or let er rip a bit and have some fun? either way sounds like a good weekend, too bad i won't be in pa for a couple of months

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nemesis099 said:
How far of a drive would the raceway be from Baltimore? I might come but if it is a long drive I probably won't since I'm leasing my car.
From the center of Baltimore to Pocono Raceway is 194 miles and ~3.5 hours via 83 N, 81 NE, 80 E, and finally 115 SE. The drive is a cake walk.

-Jim

1 - 20 of 78 Posts