ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I woke up today really late...and I missed class, and on one of the HBO channels the Ring was on again. So I'm watching it...and more questions keep popping up, if Simara (sp?) was thrown into that well...how/why did they build the barn on top of it? I thought she lived in the barn? :confused:

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
They didn't, the cabin was built over the well. The barn existed well before the cabins did.

That movie raised alot of questions, I had to watch it a few times.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but they show you her getting strangled and then thrown into the well out in a clear-open field...then they show you that same well inside of a barn that they said her father kept her in right before they hack open the floor and Rachel falls in...but then from what I remember...the cabin is above the well and thats how the video tape was made...but you see them go to the fathers house, and then to the barn and inside the barn is the well :confused:

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Hmmm, I don't remember them ever showing that the well is inside the barn. I do remember that, at the end of the movie, they are sitting in the cabin, wondering what to do, and the guy knocks over the marbles which show them that the well is under the cabin. Is that where you were getting confused? They weren't sitting in the barn at the end, they were sitting in the cabin.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I guess I'm confused...how do you know its the cabin? I thought its the barn,...thats the loft she stayed in or something? Thats why I thought they showed the ladder? And why is there the burnt image on the wall then? I need to watch it again...this is bothering me.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
no no no.

the barn and the well aren't even near each other.

the barn on the island where they kept her while she was alive is location 1. it's next to the house the foster parents lived in.

the motel that was built in the fields on the mainland where the tape was kept for rental (presumably to customers) was built some time after simara was "disposed of" by her mother. they didn't build over the well for any specific reason. the motel builders just thought it was an old abandoned well.

the tape is kind of "spiritual" and was apparently made by simara after she became a tortured spirit in the afterlife. the purpose being, she just wanted people to know the truth about her life, and not let the parents get away with the way they treated her (and killing her obviously). she rewards your spreading of her story by sparing your life.

dR

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
It's the same furniture that was in the cabin. Plus, they show the tree outside the window of the cabin, which they do in the beginning of the movie when she's in the cabin alone. Also, the barn didn't have any windows in the loft.

The well was in the crawlspace of the cabin. There was maybe 3-4 feet of space between the floor of the cabin the the crawlspace dirt. There would have been, like, 20 feet between the loft and the ground, lol.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
teH ring (platanotes, instead of cliffnotes :wiggles:)

the mother and father were real crappy parents.
the girl had some kind of psychic powers and can get into your head and bad stuff would happen.
Parents freak out the kid had some kind of psychic power.
Parents shove the kid in the barn.
Kid lonely in the barn, only TV to keep her company.
Horses pissing off the kid, 'cause they don't let her sleep at night.
Kid gets jelous of the horses, 'cause daddy only cares about the horses, and gets into one of these "I'll show you.." moods and causes the horses to go crazy and throw themselves over a cliff.
Horses were super expensive prize horses, now the mother is super pissed and scared.
The mother takes the kid to a well and leaves her for dead.
Mother goes back home, goes bananas, and throws herself over the cliff.
Everything in town is back to normal, since psycho kid is gone.
Kid spends 7 DAYS in the well alive and then dies. Last thing she sees is the ring of light coming from the top of the well.
Someone buys the property where the well is and builds cabins all over the place. One of them, right over the well.
Girl had powers, and being the kid she is, she goes into a tantrum and decides, "everyone is going down"....
She wants her story to be heard, so since all she knows is TV, she shows people this crap on TV.
Being that the only way to get rid of the curse is to make a copy, one can only assume, that the movie was made by someone (who knows maybe IAN, most likely his fault anyway) who either figured it out, or made taped it by accident in the cabin (remember the movie came from the cabin place?) so the lil' girl was playing VJ from the well of the afterlife ..I dunno , whatever).
Tape is now made, people borrowed it from the front office, watched it, went home, and DIED...
The niece of the blonde lady watched it. goes home Dies. At which point the movie started.
The movie sends the blond lady in a quest to find the truth, and ends up releasing the lil girl from her "jail". Now she's not only killing people with this movie...she's free to roam around and kill these people herself. (that biatch!)...
End of the movie, we see the blond lady making her kid make a copy so that they don't get killed.
Kid says "what about the other people who watch this?".. the mother gives a look to the screen as if "...is their a$$..". Technically implying that everyone in the theater or blockbuster is done.
me I was making an illegal copy anyway, so that lil girl can kiss my butt...

/end

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Awesome notes! :thumbup: I only disagree with this part:

platano said:
The movie sends the blond lady in a quest to find the truth, and ends up releasing the lil girl from her "jail". Now she's not only killing people with this movie...she's free to roam around and kill these people herself. (that biatch!)...
See, Blondie thought she released the girl from her prison by finding her body. However, the boy says "Why did you do that? You weren't supposed to help her. She'll never stop.", implying that Blondie was wrong, that there's no way to stop the girl. I don't think they ever implied that the girl was free to roam around and kill people. Just that, finding her body did absolutely nothing, she wasn't set free, she was going to keep killing people who watched the tape and didn't make a copy.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
The only thing I know aboot that movie, other than the freaky factor, is that the blond actress = hotness.

That is all.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
jibco said:
The notes are pretty spot on. the girl being released from the well can be interrpted as you want. I tend to agree with the notes, she is more dangerous now.... I think chris(PAR) is a bit off. It did do something.
For what reason? I'm not trying to call anyone out, I'm just interested in why you guys think that, to try to understand the movie better. Is it just your interpretation, or did the movie imply that somewhere?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
PoorAssRacing said:
For what reason? I'm not trying to call anyone out, I'm just interested in why you guys think that, to try to understand the movie better. Is it just your interpretation, or did the movie imply that somewhere?
Both an implication and a interpretation, I guess.

I worded my last reply poorly. You're not off or wrong, Just different perception...

It seemed that they realized she didn't solve the problem by freeing the girl, only made it worse.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
see that's just they way I understood it...
'cause I agree, even from within the "well prison" she was already killing people. if releasing her body didn't have an effect then the lil kid wouldn't have freaked out.

although now that part now has me confused ... got to watch it again...

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
platano said:
JDM Ring? :confused1

Ringu is the orrigional name.. the novel was written by Kadokawa Shoten. I've heard it's scarier than the americanized version so I figured I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I own both RINGU and THE RING...The Ring owned me the first few times I saw it...to this day, still the scariest movie evar, IMO. Ringu wasnt that scary, since I saw the first one 3 times before I even saw it. I think even if I hadnt seen the ring first, I wouldnt have found Ringu to be that scary.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts