ClubWRX Forum banner

881 - 900 of 920 Posts

·
Water.....sometimes waves
2,175 Posts
Winter wheels & tires

Tires are Altimax Arctics. I am lucky these did not fall off. I first put them on with 1/2" lug nuts (which went on, and even allowed me to torque them, until a check a couple days later yielded a couple that appeared to 'strip' at which point I realized wrong size!) Yep, major doofus maneuver :rolleyes: IMG_0670.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
OK folks so bear with me here. I've been reading through this and some other threads almost all weekend and my brain is about to bleed! No more. So, I need to pull the trigger on a summer setup quickly for my '15 wrx, and I have some wheels lined up (they range from cheaper xxr's to higher-end enkei's and rota's - yum grids or vector pros). I'm aiming at going for an 18x9.5 setup with a flush or slightly poked offset. I have no suspension work done yet, but plan to drop slightly in the future. For those that are running 9.5" wide wheels, are you getting by with a 245/40/18 tire, or is it way too stretched? I'm trying to avoid that look at all costs. I'm willing to get a wider tire if needed for that diameter wheel, or just drop to a slimmer 18x9 wheel if needed. Help is appreciated!

·
Registered
50 Posts
OK, so I got my new wheel & tire package installed last week (details and pics to follow). Issue is now the TPMS sensor. I got the work done at Town Fair, and they installed new TPMS sensors on all 4 corners as we left the oem sensors in the stock rims/Blizzak tires for now. I had no light on the dash when the work was done, but about 24 hours later it came on. Went back to Town Fair, and PSI is good and every sensor is fine. They wanted to manually reset it to see if that'll work, but their OBD scanner claims the car it "too new" and cannot reset. The only thing the user's manual says to do is to "Contact Subaru dealer". Anyone else have this issue and a solution?

·
Banned
474 Posts
like those.

·
BooSTIng
2,832 Posts
Gold Rota Grids. 18x9.5 +38 offset wrapped in 255/35/18 Nexen N'Fera tires.

881 - 900 of 920 Posts