ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 6837 Posts

·
UnBanned
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Just bought a .40 caliber Smith & Wesson Heckler and Koch USP Compact.

·
UnBanned
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car insurance. I gotcha :thumbup:
Exactry :rotfl:

Can't wait to go out and shoot her. I tried to find any gun ranges around here that carried h&k's for rent... but not a single one does. It's hard to test drive a luxury vehicle before you buy it... so I bit the bullet (literally) and made the purchase. At about $300 more than a glock it better be worth it :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
19 rounds?! Awesome. If you can't slow down a zombie with 19 rounds you're doing it wrong.

After watching Knight vs Pirate on Spike last night, I want a Blunderbuss.

·
UnBanned
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
19 rounds?! Awesome. If you can't slow down a zombie with 19 rounds you're doing it wrong.

After watching Knight vs Pirate on Spike last night, I want a Blunderbuss.
13 rounds

9mmx19 is the dimensions of the 9mm parabellum round (also known as the 9mm luger)

·
UnBanned
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it goes "BANG!" when you want it to, then it is well worth the extra $. Have fun with it!
That's one of the reasons why I bought it. H&K has the best reputation in reliability compared to any other weapons manufacturer. You'll never hear a h&k owner complain about their gun.

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,397 Posts
When I go up into Alamosa Colorado, my friends and I always go out shooting. NExt time you gotta bring that baby down and try it out with us. We usually bring four or five .40's with us when we go. Glock, Taurus 24/7 and Springfield XD. Would be really cool to see how that monster stacks up. And squeeze off some other rounds while we are there. :cool:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I bought mine ~2 years ago. I love it. Never had a problem with it either. Plus they seem to hold thier value really well...

I just picked up a LCR with crimson trace grips. That little 38 shoots like its a 44 so I have been having fun with that one lately. Plus its a little cheaper to shoot. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Very nice, I'll be shopping for my first pistol this summer. Let us know how you like the h&k, as I'm currently planning on owning a glock.

·
Registered
260 Posts
That's one of the reasons why I bought it. H&K has the best reputation in reliability compared to any other weapons manufacturer. You'll never hear a h&k owner complain about their gun.
H&K's do hold pretty well reliability wise. As for saying H&K's have the best reputation...tread lightly on that subject my friend :) That's apples and oranges.

But as with all high end pistols it's all about the type of ammo you run through it. Range/target ammo is not a big deal, but as far as your self/home defense rounds I suggest either Federal Hydra Shocks or Winchester Ranger T. I personally use Hydra shocks, a bit pricey but price doesn't matter when it comes to protection. And make sure to run them through your gun! To many people buy their one case of self defense ammo and never cycle it through their firearm because it's to expensive. The whole point is to know your gun will run it reliably so you can put your life on it if god forbid the time ever comes.

Personally not a fan of the awkward mag release location, trigger pull, and general bulkiness of the USP's but congrats on the purchase. You got yourself a solid weapon. If you ever want to talk gun's & gear hit me up. Be responsible and stay safe. Remember the rules.

Oh and BTW.... YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A SIG SAUER! :cool:

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Nice! I wanted to grab one of those, but just couldn't justify the price.

I ended up with a Ruger P95, which I LOVE. Holds 15 rounds too (not including chamber).
I looked at those a year or two back when I was deciding on my first handgun, excellent gun for the price. One of my favorite handguns is still the P89, solid steel frame made it such a great feeling gun to shoot and handle, felt solid.

I ended up buying the SR9, 17 round magazine + chamber, shoots perfectly straight for me, and I love the look and feel of it. I'm still warming up to the polymer frame, but at least it feels well balanced.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,917 Posts
No when some crazed Honda drive and his 4 friends yell at you to pull your car over you can just pull out your 9 and bust a cap! No one will mess with you now! You're tha man now dawg!

But seriously....sweet handgun. I'm thinking about getting a sig 1911 when I get back. mmmmmmm....

1 - 20 of 6837 Posts