Subaru WRX Forum banner
3,261 - 3,280 of 3,313 Posts
Did anyone run their baseline?

The dyno at RT tuning measured my baseline at 260..
About two weeks ago, another 2015 WRX got its baseline measured and it was 240!

Below is the dyno. It is comparing Baseline, COBB OTS Stage 1 and Protune. As you can see, there is no gains. Car feels almost identical, especially on the low end.

Text Line Design Font Parallel

Here is the other 2015 WRX baseline and protune. Same Dyno. Same Location.

Text Line Parallel Font Diagram

I'm sorry, besides the 20 hp difference between baselines, put in lamens terms the big reveal here.

Are you saying the OTS Stage 1 map provides no real gains? Or that your protune did almost nothing?

(I'd bet that other WRX measured had the CVT)

*EDITED*

I see now that you mean the 3 are almost identical, my bad. Well...that's quite disappointing honestly. That baby turbo needs to go...

Well...ran my car through a fancy car wash aaaaaand I got the PO616 check engine light code.

I'm thinking the car wash guy started the car, stalled, then started again very quickly.

I read somewhere doing that starting the car twice within 15 seconds will throw this code.

Just sharing in case anyone else has had this happen to them. Don't think there's a need to panic. Cleared it and hasn't come back in a week.

Well...ran my car through a fancy car wash aaaaaand I got the PO616 check engine light code.

I'm thinking the car wash guy started the car, stalled, then started again very quickly.

I read somewhere doing that starting the car twice within 15 seconds will throw this code.

Just sharing in case anyone else has had this happen to them. Don't think there's a need to panic. Cleared it and hasn't come back in a week.
Was it the 3 colored superman ice cream smelling wax? That'll do it. :p

Im driving a 2014 subaru wrx... I'm looking for a good way to protect the hood/front end. Have not had any luck with bug deflectors, don't like the way the clear bras look and I'm not sure about vinyl wrap. I like the idea of a bra do to the fact that its removable....but cannot find one. Thoughts and suggestions?

Im driving a 2014 subaru wrx... I'm looking for a good way to protect the hood/front end. Have not had any luck with bug deflectors, don't like the way the clear bras look and I'm not sure about vinyl wrap. I like the idea of a bra do to the fact that its removable....but cannot find one. Thoughts and suggestions?
Honestly, just drive the car and don't worry about it. Nothing really works because there are always going to be trade-offs.

Very true. If i where interested in a bra or bug deflector would anyone know where to look for a 2014?
Clear bra.

Subaru recommends against a physical bra or deflector since this interrupts airflow into the TMIC.

There is a company that does make a bra for the 2011-14 but I would rather invest in the clear bra

I have the clear bra.
It was installed by the dealer when my car was new.
I highly recomend it.
They make a huge difference in maintaining the pair job.
On my Moms Impreza I added the OEM front deflector, it also works well.

I believe these models are sensitive to air flow..thats why I relocated the front plate. Also, I believe grit gets in b ack of the bra eventually. I apply a good quality wax monthly to front and hood and so far, so good. If you drive it, it will never be showroom new again. Enjoy.
2015 ltd wrb 6 mt sts etc etc

I believe these models are sensitive to air flow..thats why I relocated the front plate. Also, I believe grit gets in b ack of the bra eventually. I apply a good quality wax monthly to front and hood and so far, so good. If you drive it, it will never be showroom new again. Enjoy.
2015 ltd wrb 6 mt sts etc etc

Hate to say it, but these were posted 5-10 times already over the last year and have been merged into the 2015 thread. I'll send it there now.

3,261 - 3,280 of 3,313 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.