ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did this finally happen? I can now ride from chatfield all the way past 270 and i-76. How far does the thing go? I got wore out and didn't finish it...40 miles of biking was plenty for today...

P.S.--any locals going to do Cycle Oregon?

·
Registered
739 Posts
it's been like that for many years. My cousins and I used to ride it and stop by the Children's museum when we were too young to drive.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I thought they were joined earlier this summer or last, but maybe I'm thinking of the Sand Creek trail and some other trail on the NE side of town.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you want a good training ride. Park at waterton canyon, ride up wadsworth to the third (might be second) light and hang a right. Then cruise up Chatfield dam road, hit the trail that goes towards aspen grove, and then go to the REI flagship store.

The return hills on the chatfield damn is torture after 40 miles.

The deer creek canyon to evergree is always a brutal ride

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, considering I leave wednesday, training is pretty much done for now ;). I usally loop from my house in south denver, to wash park, down cherry creek to confluence park, then down to the chatfield marina and back. It's about 60 miles-ish. Not too much climbing until I get to chatfield, but definitely a 2-steak ride ;). 70 is as far as I've trained, and 80 miles is the longest day in the tour. Going up near vail and training up there has been good, too. The altitude training is great.

<---...has a clost fantasy of taking the tour de france....but I ain't getting any younger and arthritis at this age friggn sucks....

·
Registered
739 Posts
When I was in school up at Mines, I rode down Clear Creek to Platte River and a little ways beyond that. I dont like to go near Commerce City because of the smell.

I've also ridden Platte River to Bear Creek all the way up to BC Reservoir and looped it and back. Those houses up in Fox Run are so beeyooteefull.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live south of Chatfield and usually ride to REI and back. The most i've ever trined in a day is from my place to 11th and penn. in Boulder, and then back. It was 91.7 on my CPU and 90.9 on my partners. It's a good ride but usually very windy and HOT. Were going to attempt this again on the 18th this month. Let me know if anyone wants to ride.

ImprezaRSC- where are you off to?? Also the tour's longest stage was 142miles

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
www.cycleoregon.com

Mom got me into this of all people. Cycle-Tours are catered, well supported, and there's alcohol at the end of the day ;). There's always campsites reserved, too. I'm leaving early tomorrow, so I won't see anyone's replies. Talk to ya'll later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts