ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
Sold my 2002 BMW M3 Laguna Seca Blue and have been super stoked on the new ride!

IMG_1677.jpg IMG_1676.jpg

The M3 was amazing but she was like the way too hot girlfriend who would cost me at least a grand every time we ran into issues lol, now I just have fun taking my new mistress out and beating her. :tongue:

IMG_1673.jpg IMG_1674.jpg

Seriously love the new ride though, bought her at 145k miles bone stock with new clutch for $5500 and feel like I stole her.

Only thing I've done so far is a snorkusectomy and love the sound, feels like the turbo is starting a little earlier at around 2100 rpm instead of 2400? Idk might just be me...

IMG_1679.jpg

Anyone else in the Santa Barbara area?
Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol thanks man! Re-uploaded them.

P.S. My friend is offering me a good deal on his used Apex N1 catback, do you guys think that would be bad to run without an accessport? Plan on getting one from Cobb soon but should I wait to install the exhaust until after?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,446 Posts
A cat back does not require any further modifications or tuning. It will mostly just make noise.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
Welcome to the club! My brother did his undergrad at UCSB and PhD at USC. I've spent a bunch of time on Del Playa when I was younger. Bro is going to be moving back from Philly to Santa Barbara in a couple months. I don't blame him.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
You're right about the slightly faster spool after removing the snorkus. It's not much, but it's noticeable. Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Nice bugeye. As a bonus everyone that sees you will stop secretly hating you. ;-)
Haha sad but true, that car had a lot of haters...:screwy:

Here's some pics of the old M3... she sure was a looker... if only she wasn't such a selfish garden hoe sometimes.... :bs:

1.jpg m32.jpg pierce_j_p212-5.jpg

Welcome to the club! My brother did his undergrad at UCSB and PhD at USC. I've spent a bunch of time on Del Playa when I was younger. Bro is going to be moving back from Philly to Santa Barbara in a couple months. I don't blame him.
Nice! I'm a senior at Brooks Institute of Photography here and have spent my fair share of time on Del Playa too, way too much fun lol. I only have a year left and I'm going to have to be dragged away, lots of awesome people in PA though. I have one roommate from Erie and the other from Philly.

Joe

·
Banned for Ageism
6,438 Posts
Some people appreciate privacy.
I mean... I don't understand. It would be great if someone could explain it to me... Does one hide their plate because they think someone can go look up their plate and then find out where they live and come to their house?

Here's some pics of the old M3... she sure was a looker... if only she wasn't such a selfish garden hoe sometimes.... :bs:
Damn!! She was BEAUTIFUL! I would have kept that over the bugeye if she didn't have problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I still secretly lust after the e46, but I'm in club WRX for the precise reason of not wanting to deal with the cost of maintenance.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I mean... I don't understand. It would be great if someone could explain it to me... Does one hide their plate because they think someone can go look up their plate and then find out where they live and come to their house?
Yes. All you need is a friend in law enforcement.

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
Laguna Seca is such a nice color.
I completely agree with this. I had a friend who painted his tricked out Honda Si Laguna Seca and it looked amazing. One of my favorite blues to be honest, next to WRB.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I completely agree with this. I had a friend who painted his tricked out Honda Si Laguna Seca and it looked amazing. One of my favorite blues to be honest, next to WRB.
My personal favorite is Ferrari's Pozzi Blue, LSB second, WRB third...

·
Registered
850 Posts
I do have friends in Law Enforcement.... My best friend who was my best man in my wedding last month has been a police officer for 6-7 years..
While I'm sure your friend is an upstanding gentleman, some in law enforcement are not. I've dealt personally with people illegally accessing DMV records and giving home location information away for quick cash. Most unfortunately, the person that gave that info away received a stern warning, and nothing more.

All that said, you won't see me whiting out my plates in pics. Some folks have more to protect/worry about than others.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts