ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE HAS PICS OF IT! I just found out they released a new one and it looks like is doesn't have those huge silicone joints so if anyone has any pics of it please let me know as I am in the market for a fmic and this is priced PERFECTLY for me now!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
last I heard from nathan, they were trying to work out a deal with a new company to make them. hyperflow and txs had a good deal, but business something or other killed it in the end.

there's a post on the naisoc board about this, I think.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
ewww the piping are so constrictive with the bends!, but nice fmic but pipeing from the turbo to the ic sux, if you want some good piping use perrin, heres a pic and im not trying to hijack or show off so please this pic is just to show perrin piping is teh cool.........on note, i know a guy with perrin piping and a txsfmic

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm really thinking about picking this up...I was thinking last week about all the people saying how bigger turbos like the nice cold dense charge from the front and if I could sell my nitrous kit/tmic I could basically get back some of the money for a fmic...then this price comes up...I don't know, I love the APS because it comes in black but I have all Turbo XS pieces so I might just get this thing before the price changes...ahhh decisions decisions. :confused:

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
XtianLA said:
bleh...not me. I'd rather pay the extra $ for APS. Not to sound like a hater or anything, I just still think that APS > all other FMIC's.
The thing about APS intercoolers are that people don't utilize their full potential. I was talking to Timdog about this last night and after doing some research, APS DR650 Intercoolers are designed to flow 50-65lbs per minute, or 55-65lbs per minute, something in that range.

Guess how much the FP Green flows per minute?

49lbs.:confused1

It would seem to me that everyone running a VF series turbocharger on an APS 650 Intercooler really isn't maximizing the efficiency of them. I don't remember the numbers of the DR500, though.

The DR intercoolers by APS are made to be used with the DR series turbos (custom Garret jobs requiring custom fabrications)

$0.02

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Trailboss said:
The thing about APS intercoolers are that people don't utilize their full potential. I was talking to Timdog about this last night and after doing some research, APS DR650 Intercoolers are designed to flow 50-65lbs per minute, or 55-65lbs per minute, something in that range.

Guess how much the FP Green flows per minute?

49lbs.:confused1

It would seem to me that everyone running a VF series turbocharger on an APS 650 Intercooler really isn't maximizing the efficiency of them. I don't remember the numbers of the DR500, though.

The DR intercoolers by APS are made to be used with the DR series turbos (custom Garret jobs requiring custom fabrications)

$0.02
You're absolutely right. There a lot of people using the dr650 who might actually benefit from using something smaller.... that's a different conversation though...

FYI the DR500 is recommended for applications up to 30-50lb/min. A green would be as big as you would want to go on the dr500. The DR650 is recommended for applications of 50-70lb/min. Unless you're running a big custom turbo kit that's more than you need...

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
talk to brad at tbracing....i was just talking to him and he has a sale going on this FMIC for 950 shipped i believe...for the time being before it goes back up to 1500

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aaronwillen said:
talk to brad at tbracing....i was just talking to him and he has a sale going on this FMIC for 950 shipped i believe...for the time being before it goes back up to 1500
Pics/link?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
MJU1983 said:
I've never liked the Hyperflow FMIC. Only nice part is the core.

-Mike
That not true, it's a nice kit.

Finally its out!!! New rebar, all new pipes with FLARED edges!! , no more hyperflow crap... WOW!!

Hard pipes T bolt clamps... everything looks updated and looks to be perfect.., im sure the core is bigger than most the kits out there and its cheaper!!!!

How could you go wrong?!

WOW!! $999 dollars!! and it COMES WITH A BYPASS VALVE!!!

Front Mount Intercooler Core
Front Bumper Support Beam
Intercooler Piping Kit
T bolt Clamps
Radiator Overflow Bottle
TXS RBV34 By Pass Valve

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I never said anything about the new kit Jim. DURR :)

The old FMIC kits that TurboXS got from Hyperflow were junk. Piping routing was horrible, 90 degree bend out of the turbo, and too much use of silicone.

THIS kit does look much nicer so I cannot comment on it, or the quality or who makes it. :)

-Mike

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
I've heard that hyperflow is going to be distributing through another distributer, b/c of a major disagreement w/ TXS.

i also heard that the new TXS IC is built in china (for a significanlly lower cost)

i'm very interested to see one up close.

dR

·
Registered
465 Posts
At $1000 I would look to this for a FMIC when I upgraded the turbo, at $1400+ I would look to perrin, greddy, or aps..

1 - 20 of 84 Posts