ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wassup guys, I'm new on this forum and I have a couple of questions. I just purchased a 2002 WRX and it has a couple of problems that were unforseen when buying the thing. I know, people tell me that I must test drive the car and then buy it if I like it. I have a 1998 integra gsr and Im kinda getting tired of the whole front wheel drive and no traction concept and ready to move on to something else. Anyways I cant really test drive the thing if its on the auction somewhere in washigton and Im all the way in Cali. I wasnt planning to buy the car but when the oppertunity came up I just couldnt resist the whole car with brembo, custom exhaust, aftermarket rims, and a dvd system, registration, plus making it run 100% is going to cost me about 11,000. I was just wondering if anyone has the same problems as me. When I turn the key in the ignition to the on position after the Accersorie part where the radio turns on without the car actually starting, my fans keep going on and off for some reason that my mind cant comprehend. My check engine light is on because of 5 different engine codes, 3 of which are just catallics(is there some way that I can make these codes dissapear without taking off the exhaust, like folding foil around it or something of that nature?) , but the other two are the idle sensor and the vehicle speed sensor. I'm thinking to check the sensors and the wiring going to the sensors from the computer. The thing that scares me the most about this is that it might be the computer that it is going bannanas and that I would have to end up replacing it. If anyone has similar problems can you guys help me out. I cant wait to drive the car with its full potential, because right now any civic will be able to rape me. :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
ill let some of the more experenced help you on your problems. but i wanted to say nice buy. welcome to the club, and happy motoring. i dont think it the ecu though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
jt money said:
ill let some of the more experenced help you on your problems. but i wanted to say nice buy. welcome to the club, and happy motoring. i dont think it the ecu though.
or u just want to up ur post count to make urself look cool

J/K :wiggles:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts