Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually do not consider myself an airhead, but I just locked my keys in the car and the nearest spare key is 20 miles away.:mad:

I so ticked off that I'm going to buy a catless turboback exhaust.:)

Oh yeah, did I mention that my car is still running and it's almost out of gas?:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
did you realize that the key was locked in, then ran to the nearest computer to post it here? cause if you did, THATS dedication!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trailboss516 did you realize that the key was locked in, then ran to the nearest computer to post it here? cause if you did, THATS dedication!
Actually, I posted that from my home computer as I was getting my spare keys.

Is there anything I should be worried about after my car was running for 2 hours in the Florida heat?

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
radiator. platinums burst all over his bay. i wouldn't worry too much about it.

aside from running a tank dry. (run some techron fuel system cleaner on the next tank.)

dR

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
My radiator was faulty, it was one of the factory rejects that made it into the early WRXs. It was replaced under warranty.

The car will be fine, you just wasted a lot of gasoline.

-Jim

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car wasn't over heated or anything, but it still made me a little nervous. And I used almost no gas - maybe 1/8 of a tank. Still had 1/8 left.

·
Registered
907 Posts
You shouldnt run at a very low tank, some cars can pick up gunk and clog the injectors and this stuff is usually at the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Nexus6 said:
You shouldnt run at a very low tank, some cars can pick up gunk and clog the injectors and this stuff is usually at the bottom of the tank.
Subaru thought of this already. The tank holds an entire gallon that the fuel pump can't pick up.

I once had my car idle for five hours. It used less < 1/16th of the tank. It's only 2.0L after all.

-Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts