Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a WRX vs. the world of ricers post. (not a kill - kinda off topic) but!:
Ever notice how the WRX hasn't really gotten riced out? I haven't seem one with a big spoiler, 4" exhaust tip, stickers, poorly done neon kit, bandpass bass (instead of the nicely sounding sealed box), chrome 24's, obnoxious body kit, painted yellow (remember: yellow = performance ;)), etc.
Instead i've noticed nicely modded performance cars with performance parts. The way it should be. Does this simply mean that the average WRX owner is of higher intelligence than that of the average Honda or Bimmer (see my link) owner?
Or perhaps they just haven't been out long enough to get F*c|<ed up.

Thoughts?;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put the APC altezza taillights on mine. I know it's kind of ricey but they look amazing and from what I know, up here in Canada, there's only 2 pairs of the APC lights. One in B.C. and one on my car.

I have seen one guy put on an aluminum wing on a red one and that was too much.

Keepin it clean,
Dan :cool:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I am cool 30 said:
I put the APC altezza taillights on mine. I know it's kind of ricey but they look amazing and from what I know, up here in Canada, there's only 2 pairs of the APC lights. One in B.C. and one on my car.

I have seen one guy put on an aluminum wing on a red one and that was too much.

Keepin it clean,
Dan :cool:
to each his own. most of us here don't like altezzas, but we won't hate on ya man. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was under the same impression, that WRX owners have good taste, until today. I saw my first WRX with a huge spoiler on it. The thing didnt have any other body mods or even an exhaust. Looked like he just bought the thing and stuck a big wing on it.

However, before today my impression of WRX owners where either high performance car enthusiasts with good taste or soccer moms who never got the car above 3k rpms. I mean why buy a turbo car if your not going to use it? I guess soccer moms buy the car because of the American image of Subarus.

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
daiviouth said:
This is a WRX vs. the world of ricers post. (not a kill - kinda off topic) but!:
Ever notice how the WRX hasn't really gotten riced out? I haven't seem one with a big spoiler, 4" exhaust tip, stickers, poorly done neon kit, bandpass bass (instead of the nicely sounding sealed box), chrome 24's, obnoxious body kit, painted yellow (remember: yellow = performance ;)), etc.
Instead i've noticed nicely modded performance cars with performance parts. The way it should be. Does this simply mean that the average WRX owner is of higher intelligence than that of the average Honda or Bimmer (see my link) owner?

Thoughts?;)
I know this is OT but do you know why Dinan stopped making their carbon fiber intake for the E46?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just give it time.. it took me a long time to see a riced out RSX, WRX isn't too far behind..

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have seen a couple pictures on the internet of huge aluminum wings on the back of wrx's and sporting the altezza lights. They are out their and growing in numbers so watch out. I allways hoped people would keep the rally style of the car but some people just like rice a little too much.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
There was a riced-out WRX at Import Jam show I was at and although we talked to him, he totally had his chin down the whole time and wouldn't look at us in the eye, almost as if he was shameful that he had a huge aluminum wing on his Rex...very strange...

Oh man...that BMW page...it makes me cry! :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
daiviouth said:

Thoughts?;)
You arent the infamous Jimmy are you? :confused:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I haven't seen the full out stickers and such, but I did see several with big aluminum wings tho.
I think the average age of the wrx driver is around mid to late 20's. Way past the high school years.. hehe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't know. I think some big wings can look good. Personally I very much like the looks of a "22B" style wing. I'll probably be picking up one in a few months when I get done my power mods (running out of things to purchase) :)

I think the 22B wing has a nice look to it even without any additional body kit components. I'm not sure if you consider the 22B as "big" but it is bigger then stock upgraded spoiler.

Carlo

·
Registered
306 Posts
I agree. It's around, coming soon next. I think it's just a phase. The Fat & The Fungus stuff. It will go away. That damn aluminum wing is everywhere on almost every car now. I've seen it on a Sentra, Accord, Mustang, Mercedes and even a brand new Corvette. And everytime it looked crooked. Or way too big. Or way too shiny. Like the guy was one paycheck away to afford it just couldn't wait to get whatever was in stock.

But again, whatever makes you happy....

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think that it'll get worse. Especially with the fart & the Fungus part 2 coming out. They are auditioning(or were) WRXs. You know that they are going to rice the car completely out, show the movie and then it'll contaminate the minds of some WRX owners and then we'll start to see alot more of that going around.

·
Registered
779 Posts
That Bimmer website is hilarious. I was stunned when I saw the mint green one. So so sad.:(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1) Nope, I'm not Jimmy. From what I know all Jimmy does is spam message boards and such promoting his site. But he does have a nice car . . .

2) I don't know why Dinan stopped making the carbon fibre intake for the e46 (that's the '99+/'01+ 3 series for everyone else, depending upon what model). Prolly because it wasn't very cost effective. An all carbon fibre only reduces turbulance inside an intake by a 1/10 of a percent or less. Not noticable. Not even enough for .001 sec at the track. Plus some believe that the aluminum intake will get cooler and therefore take more dense air in. (im getting an aluminum one for my e39)

3) Glad to see everyone enjoyed the site. beaterz.net is also worth a look. but it just goes to show you, as difficult as it may seem to make an already awesome looking car (wrx or bmw, etc.) look bad, people still manage to find a way to do it.

- M a t t -

1 - 20 of 50 Posts