ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I get my insurance bill for the next year to discover my rates have gone up 25%!!!! WTF?!?! Granted, I got a ticket in the spring. It was a four point that got dropped to a two point defective equipment. I didn't think I would get nailed that bad because of the ticket, though. It was the first one I've had in 13 years.

So, now I'm looking at paying almost $200 a month to insure my STi. That's BS. I'm over 30, own my home, no accidents, yadda, yadda...

sheesh.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
My guess is they changed their classification of the STi. Since your record is so good, they probably didn't even check to see if you had any tickets.

Oh, and.. hi, I'm 25, no tickets (that they know of), no accidents, own my own home, and I pay $188/month to insure my WRX...

·
Registered
846 Posts
I hate The Hartford. I did battle with them for 3 years, and they were complete dill holes... Of course, I was going against them... But hey, I got a white wagon out of it:D

I think you should shop around... You should be able to find a better rate than that.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm 27, have had a "few" tickets in my day (though none in the last year and a half).....Progressive, paying in 6 month increments....just under $1400 a year. about $115 a month.

Granted, I think my deductible is at $1000!!! :eek:

·
5,799 Posts
I think I pay a little under $100/month for the Evo, with a $500 deductible. Married, over 30, no accidents, blah blah.

I'm with Country Mutual. They've been pretty good to us, although my motorcycle insurance is a little higher than it should be.

-Pace

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW Jon -

Your sig:

The Bling extends life.
The Bling expands consciousness.

inspired me to change mine. :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did a search this morning. I'll call around & see if I can do any better. Dealing with the Hartford has left me with the 'not so fresh' feeling.

;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
hm, i pay $89/mo (500 ded) with amica for my 02 wrx.. (after i got things straightened out with their mistake this past renewal).. no accidents/tickets, 28, married, own a house, etc.

amica has amazing customer service and still beat everyone else's prices for my cars..

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Hartford, Erie, and Allstate, are among the highest insurers. How much did your insurance go up from the WRX to the STi? Get married - that's the best way to cut your rates in 1/2. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Hmmm... I pay $123.00/month. That includes a $250 deductible and my homeowners.

I have State Farm.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts