ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Some governors are removed by military coups or civilian riotting...

[/snarky *******]

Any Accessport tune removes the speed limiter (even Stg 1).

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Accesport :shakehead:
Protune :wiggles:
True, but I was getting at the fact that the speed limiter is removed by even the most basic of tunes. Same goes for OpenSource as well, I'm sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason is I'm in Cali and I'm tired of Buying cars that are limited to. I want a car to do what it was made to do

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
The reason is I'm in Cali and I'm tired of Buying cars that are limited to. I want a car to do what it was made to do
So you wanna run around the streets cruising at 100+ mph?

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
How fast are you looking to go? It is easily enough done with a tune.

IMHO for most people there isn't much point with these cars in removing the limiter other then to be able to say you did it. Many of the inherent advantages the STi has start to be outweighed by it's inherent disadvantages the farther up the speedometer you go. There is a thing called the point of diminished returns you reach sometimes where you may be able to do things but you can't do them well and the return is negligible or negative. Then it becomes a challenge to figure out why you are doing it. :)

·
20,139 Posts
I just want the car to do what it's made to do...
I'm not knocking you or suggesting what you want to do is some horrible idea... but what exactly does "do what it is made to do" mean for you?

Subaru made it with the limiter on it because the car does not come from the factory designed/made to safely and reliably travel at speeds in excess of it. So practically speaking, the limiter set speed is what it's "made to do". The sweet spot for an STi is well below the factory set speed limiter. IIRC the limit used to be around 140-145ish.

·
20,139 Posts
For the record when I first clicked on this thread I thought it may be about this. lol partially because I have several firearm forums open in other tabs as I was surfing.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I thought it was this:

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
I could understand the need to remove the limiter if you are doing several mile long top speed runs, but the factory limiter is pretty high up there, you'd need a pretty long stretch of road to hit it.

But as others have said a tune will get you there.

Smart ass comment: With a recall election.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I just want the car to do what it's made to do.
A car is made to drive. It currently does that with a speed limiter on it or not.

All arguments aside...the car is made to drive with governed speed, so it already is doing what it's made to do.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
For the record when I first clicked on this thread I thought it may be about this. lol partially because I have several firearm forums open in other tabs as I was surfing.
Um...freaking want!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts