ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dsmperformance said:
There is also one behind the IC that is used for the factory boost gauge vacuum hose. Need to remove the IC to gain access to it though.
So it passes through the firewall and comes into the cockpit somewhere behind the dash?

·
Registered
32 Posts
complexx said:
So it passes through the firewall and comes into the cockpit somewhere behind the dash?
Yes, it comes out behind the center console, this is what I used to plumb my boost gauge to the center pod, as he said you need to remove the IC to get to it but it's a much cleaner installation if you're doing gauges. Removing the IC is a piece of cake...

Whose grommet is betta now? :tongue: (also j/k)

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
500 Posts
Abe Froman said:

Removing the IC is a piece of cake...

Whose grommet is betta now? :tongue: (also j/k)
True, putting it back in is what makes it difficult.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help!

Sorry for reviving a super dead thread, but does anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement for the grommet pictured???

I was just looking for a place to pass wires through to install my boost gauge, and pushed on it a little, and it fell into the engine bay and I can't find it? :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Dealership, parts department? There are places to order OEM stuff online, but I always have trouble finding exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
I'm gonna revive it once again...are these firewall holes in the same place on an 06 WRX TR? I am going to be putting in my EGT gauge with in a week....hopefully!
Yes, if not exactly, then they are close. The one by the pedals I can verify is there. It's where I ran the power wire for my amp through.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
BTW, how do you get this plug to go back in? I've got my boost vacuum line and two four gauge power wires running through it. I can't get the grommet to stay in place for the life of me. I eventually just wrapped the wires with tons of electrical tape and called it good, but I would like to get it back in where it belongs.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
My wires don't even come close to the pedals.. even if they did they're behind the pedals, so they still wouldn't be in the way.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Where do these wires come out on the other side? Is it easy to snake the wire to the battery if I use this grommet?
Also... I would prefer to use the "huge" grommet that goes into the cabin behind the glove box. However - it looks like once I take that off, I will never get it back on. Anyone have opinions on this? I tried pulling on it - so I know it will come off, but man - looks like I would never get it back on again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts