ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am sorry to say the melon shooter is dead. On my way home tonight it was knocked off by a Toyota Corolla. Not the most glorious death but a tragedy all the same. I will now begin the search for a replacement but I ask only a moment of silence for my poor exhaust. Suggestions for the replacement are welcome. I have a Cobb DP with the high flow so only catbacks will work. Thank You.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No actually just a really hard bang. ;) It was a good setup and sounded real good. It had a nice deep rumble to it. I may go back to it. I just need to see how cooperative the ladies insurance company is going to be and what kind of money I will get to fix the car. Until then I have to drive around with this busted up looking piece.:mad:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
svc said:
...followed by loud exhaust?

How did it get knocked off? :confused1
Sorry poor choice of words. I meant knocked off as in killed not as in fell on the ground. Sorry for the confusion. :tongue:

·
Registered
431 Posts
<--seconds the bosal twin-tip.

It took a while, but it finally grew on me.
I love the look of it, but it's definitely on the louder side.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Your Honda family will not be happy with you, Michael ;) I will admit one thing aboot your exhaust. It sounded nice.

Now I am going to heed the advice of my mother and shut up! :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for the kind words. May a blessing fall on your houses. Ian I think we need to talk about you staring at my large exhaust.:D I actually have been looking at the Bosal twin tip and probably will end up going that route. Is there anyone local with it that I could hear what it sounds like. I loved the sound of my shooter though the tip did kind of scream Honda ricer.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The tip, muffler and the flex joint are all bent. I haven't looked at the hangers real close yet but I think they may be OK. I am worried a little about the frame because of how hard she hit me. It kind of wrapped the bumper around the beam behind it. Luckily she didnt get into my hatch door or the fenders though so thats good. Man this is the third time I have been rear ended in this car in the last 2 years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts