Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I had to swerve to save the life of a deer and ended up in the woods, but I sacraficed my baby for a while. Insurance says I need 6 body panels replaced (Hood, front bumper, RT fender, RT front door, RT rear door, and RT rear quarter panel), and various other things (about a page long) and that doesn't include under the hood or the suspension.

Well Austin, looks like I might be rolling the new Taurus for while eh?

WRX Wreck

Have fun....:(

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm sorry about your car, man. Nice job missing the dear. Atleast you saved his life. After all, your car would've have been almost as messed up if you hit the dear instead of ending up in the woods. Although, I think your tire would've kept its air!

-Jim

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Oh no, I'm so sorry. Insurance is going to cover it though right? Platinum is right, you did the right thing and I'm very proud that you sacrificed your baby for the life of a deer. Also, I'm assuming that you didn't get any serious injuries because you're still on the board, and that's the most important. Don't worry everyone has their bad day and I'm sure you would of probably felt a lot worse if you actually hit the deer.

Tim

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Sleeper...just a quick line and FYI. Perhaps, that is if you haven't already made arrangements for parts, you could work a deal with your insurance agent or body shop to replace parts with upgrades. I'm sure you'll find the upgraded parts prices cheaper than stock in most instances. I've seen carbon fiber hoods that I know are cheaper than stock and of course there are all types of front facias for these cars that I'm sure the one-piece price will be less than all parts combined.

Just food for thought...enjoy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I've already talked to a guy from bodykitsnw about the hood. It would be $450....roughly $150 cheaper than the stock. Also, gonna see about getting the Zero sports front bumper, just not sure if $1000 is cheaper than the stock one.

Anyone know where I can look up stock replacement parts?

Nick

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nick - Just remember to call me if you ever need a quick wrx fix! I'll come running!

You still planning on replacing it with a white wrx?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If they total out my car, yes. I already have one lined up at peninsula through DJ. But, so far, it doesn't look like the car is getting totaled. So far, they have found over $10,000 worth of damage, and they still haven't pulled it completly apart. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I don't think it will help.

I'll keep you informed.

Austin, PM your phone number, aight?

Nick

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I went down there on wednesday and they still don't have all of the parts in. The hood is backordered, and most of the other parts just got there. Hopefully I'll have the car back in a couple weeks. Hopefully.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cruisin??? You Austin??? Out lookin for some unsuspecting Civic HX;) Did you get your pulley and unichip in? If so, how is it?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ya know, I had a guy in a bone stock civic tell me the other day that he could stomp me... O, those silly ricers:rolleyes:

The pulley by itself made a huge difference, and I'm loving the unichip too! I had quite a few misfire cel codes, but installing colder plugs solved that. Vroom Vroom!

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Hey Austin, where around here did you get your Unichip installed? Or did you do it yourself?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts