Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i dont know where to start....

My friends and I always hang out at the local dunkin donuts. Its a cool place to hang out and everything. If you spend like 30 minutes there u will see wrxs, g35s, supras, stangs, evos, andso on. Its pretty cool.

But this is where the fun starts.

One night there was a small car meet at the dunkin donuts. Lots of people came. The cops broke it up and took all the lincese plate numbers of the cars there...now we are all black listed and its not cool! The sad thing is i have been going there every weekend for the past year with no problems

I get pulled over alot fo the stupiest things and they take me out of the car and try and trick me into saying a street race. They ask me what happens when your body hits a tree at 100 mph...and say "You die?!" I guess that was the weong answer, i get careless driving for revving my engine in the parking lot (showing a RANDOM stranger the new catback.:rolleyes:

But the cops...are total dickheads! One of my friends was talking to the cop that pulled me over. here is the conov

Kid: blablabla...cars are cool..blabla, this kid has a wrx pretty nice..blabla
Cop: O..that kid with the wrx who thinks he has an STI (chuckle).

:mad: :mad: He must think the WRX is the non-turbo model or something...man do i hate him.

There is alot more but i dont want to bore you
Just venting my anger:rolleyes:

-Tom

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On a side note: I dont street race on the streets they accused me of street racing on. The cop told me there was a report of MY car there. I also told him that there is a Blue mazda 6, blue GTI and a blue EVO...so dont thinks its me cause of my color...:mad:

I hate profiling by color:wiggles:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
ya dude, i know how it is....i got a neighbor hood cop when i pass by him i rev my engine just a little to piss him off....then he just follows me but cant do **** about it i love it :D

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :rolleyes:

If you're truly innocent, then do something about it besides b1tching to us. Harassment is illegal, even for cops.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Man, I want the cops to mess with me but they never do. :(

What you do is you say "I was street racing!" then you whip out a copy of Need for Speed and do an XBOX Live commercial. :D Maybe if you get pulled over enough Microsoft will pay you for advertising!

Actually, maybe you should just invest in a decent digital video camera that also captures sound really good and then keep it on you. When you have a police encounter record it, maybe they'll think twice about harrassing you if they know you're recording it.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
carry a small tape recorder and tell them that while they are harrasing you, you are recording it. Make sure you let them know because if you are secretly doing it, im pretty sure its illegal.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I've never been followed or pulled over by the cops in my rex before... Although one time as I was driving by a squad car which was heading the opposite direction he flashed his lights on and off real quick. :confused:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wait, you were hanging out at Dunkin Donuts and were not expecting the cops to show up?:whoa: :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I don't know what it's like by you, but by me the only two things that go on in the parking lot of "Drunken donuts" is drug dealing and beer chugging....it's become sort of an "outdoor party" scene....cops are always scaring people away.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did try to record it! with my phone...i had it right by the door. Then he told me to get out of the car:rolleyes:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
(knock on wood)
I haven't had any trouble with the police, so far, even with non-standard exhaust. But I don't really "hang out" anywhere on a regular basis.

You youngsters need to enjoy this time in your life when you have enough expendable time to just "hang out" with your chums!:wiggles:

Oh well, maybe when my kids are a little older...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Funny, I am not harrassed by the cops but I have been harrassed twice now by your Dunkin Donuts crew. Can't I just sit innocently at a traffic lght without being stared at and told to go to Dunkin Donuts by some high school ricers :) :D

-joe

·
Registered
83 Posts
So far I've had zero interaction with the police, thank god. This astonishes my dad, who happens to be a cop himself. He said the tinted windows and personalized plate (PLAYSTN) are like cop bait, especially on a car popular with street racers. I told him I don't get pulled over because I tend not to drive too fast (I speed, sure, but there's always someone on the road beside me going faster.) He laughed and asked, "You think that matters?"

The other day I was driving down PCH with my wife and son in the car, doing about 15 over the limit. We pass a CHP going the opposite direction. He hits the lights and pulls one of those Daisy Duke-style u-turns and rushes up behind me. He goes right up my ass with the lights, and I'm thinking, "Woopee, my first ticket in the WRX...", when he suddenly pulls into the other lane and nabs the surfer in the Toyota pickup beside me! It's like you could see him debating in his head, "Hmmm... speeding and a fix-it ticket for the windows, or a probable marijuana possession, maybe even DUI?" Poor surfer was probably thinking, "WTF, that guy in the WRX was going way faster than I was!" :D

-Mac "My Luck Is Bound to Run Out" Gomez -

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
ebr0t said:
some how i can drive my car with no cop trouble really.
Ditto.

Anytime cops see kid and cars "hanging out" in a parking lot of some establishment they are going to say something. It's a reality. I am sure there is a sign somewhere that says "No Loitering".

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
Even though I haven't had trouble yet, I think I'm going to go "stealth" with my next car. I just attract a little more attention than I wish for, and that has to include the cops.

Next time, no bling, all zing!:D

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I don't get trouble around here, but funny enough, when I drove it off the lot the salesguy (who was very cool and knowledgeable about the WRX) said, "You've got to be careful; the cops know what these things are now." It was kind of cool to hear someone say that about a car I had just bought actually. :D

-snowcat

·
Premium Member
19,094 Posts
I used to hang out in the dunkin parking lot when I was young, and I got harrassed all the time. Once I stopped hanging there, I stopped getting harassed.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts