ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SuperNova
11,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brake fluid are you all runnin?

I have run the stock stuff and the Motul RBF 600.

I have run the ATE Super blue before.

I'm going to be changing brakes and fluid this weekend and was curious if anyone was using the Synthetic Castrol brake fluid? It is way cheaper than the RBF 600, and has a dry boiling point of 500 deg F.

FWIW for those who don't know, it is good to run the higher boiling point brake fluids on your performance car because:

* Brake fluid is hygroscopic meaning it absorbs moisture. The more moisture it absorbs, the lower the boiling point becomes.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
I run ATE Super Blue

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
I need to do my brakes soon too...argh...I'm thinking about a BBK though. I need new fluid.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
I use the Castrol mentioned but I don't tax my system so can't speak as to boiling point. I change fluids on schedule so I can't really tell how hygroscopic it is.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I use the ATE Super Blue. No issues.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I need to do my brakes soon too...argh...I'm thinking about a BBK though. I need new fluid.
What BBK are you thinking of?

·
8,921 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
ATE Superblue. Just DD usage mostly, and one autoX day. No brake fade ever, but then again, I'm not putting prolonged stress on the system either. Relatively cheap, and no complaints so far.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
IF I decide to go with it, probably Wilwoods.
Awesome choice. Have you grinded the rear dust shields off yet?

·
8,921 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I have not.
The best tool is a chisel bit on an air impact wrench. Just hit the spot welds and you'll have it off in 5 minutes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts