ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this started or at least caught steam a few weeks back. Seems to be about the same time as the fly-overs started. Anyway, a post would go out to the car community via Facebook or a Facebook Messenger group to meet at XXX place at XXX time to cruise by Little Jimmy's house for his 8th birthday. 10 or sometimes as many as 20 cars might meet and parade over to and by Little Jimmy's house. Lots of revving and typically NO burn-outs.

I've seen one in Texas (Facebook) that ended up with police and someone being carted off.

Any of this going on in your neck of the woods?

I have small one today with a couple of Porches and my Bucket of Bolts.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
A few of the Harley groups used to do it. I've not seen a sport/racecar parade though. Last time i saw one of the Harley parades was just before my buddy passed. His club did a parade for a young kid with a disease I don't recall.

After his passing I've not been close enough with anyone in a club to know if it still goes on. I assume it does as their club is still very active in community and child welfare projects like cleaning and maintaining parks and giving to charity. One guy does the santa thing at the children's hospital in the winter.

The sports car thing is cool though. It's not like my childhood where our dream cars were very much not common. Now, even in my poor ass area, Maserati, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Porsche, Japanese sports cars and American muscle is common and easy to get together

1 - 2 of 2 Posts