ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I havent seen this thread else were and nothing pops up in search,so lets have a pop at it.This argument has been going on FOREVER!:shakehead:

RULES APPLY HERE NO FLAMING,STREET RACING VIDEOS OR BIENG A DOUCHE

I just would liek to see others views and opinions on this subject

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
Before 2008 the WRX was the better road car.

Now the STi has been corrected and they are closer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I test drove a used 2008 STi and a 2012 WRX. The reason I now own the WRX is because I found the STi to ride extremely harsh compared to the WRX. I was looking for a fun daily driver that was more comfortable than my 2006 Mustang GT. In all fairness, the used STi appeared to have an aftermarket suspension and that was another deciding factor since modified cars generally tend to be pretty ragged. Let's just say I have been burned before by purchasing used, and I didn't want to make that mistake again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have to say WRX because I got my first one 6 hours ago. I just realized this:

Snowy roads+winter tires+WRX = hell yeah!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
What do you want from the car? What MYs are you looking at?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard people sa go wrx because you pit more money in it itll whoop dat ass....brakes,suspension, and evrything else

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
I heard people sa go wrx because you pit more money in it itll whoop dat ass....brakes,suspension, and evrything else
People do say that; however, Subaru is better at building Subarus than anyone else, and since Subaru build the most Subarus, they can do so not only better but also cheaper. Your money is better spend buying what you like as-is, out of the box, from Subaru.

For 2002-2007 my answer on the STi was "no."

For 2008+ the STi has improved to "maybe."

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have a 2010 sti and a 2011 wrx hatch with invidia downpipe and access port off the shelf map and my wrx will smoke my sti. And on the street you can't notice that big of a difference in braking or handling to justify the the $10k difference. Just saying

·
Registered
136 Posts
Seeing this thread actually answered all the questions I've had. My dream car is the 2007 wrx still black or blue but from what y'all have been saying im better off with my 07 wrx. I mean I love my ****ing wrx its amazing. I was just wondering how much of a difference it was.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
I love it when people say they dont see this thread or type of thread. Dude.. use the effin search they're everywhere!

I'll start off stating plainly that I own a 2010 wrx.

Having driven both of the 3G variety and both of previous generations..

The STI is a stronger car. /story The wrx is a fun street car but nothing more. Sure you can build it to outperform a STI in some ways .. but you'll spend much more than the difference in sticker and you still will not have as well rounded of a car. In the end, spend the same into a STI or LESS and you'll still have a better car.

Last but not least, if you plan to compete in ANY way shape or form.. you want the STI.

Love my wrx, but a STI it is not and will never be.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
On the 3G cars, the only similarities are the body shell and rear suspension geometry. EVERYTHING else is different.

Its not so much an upgrade, its a different car.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
It seems like WRX owners always ask this question in hopes of hearing the WRX is better than the STi....I have a WRX....I know its not better than an STi and every day I wish I had an STi...lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It seems like WRX owners always ask this question in hopes of hearing the WRX is better than the STi....I have a WRX....I know its not better than an STi and every day I wish I had an STi...lol
I heard people with sti have bigger coc:eek3:----brakes

·
Registered
367 Posts
Had both an 06wrx and 06sti . And gotta say love the Sti way more . Outperformed the wrx in every way .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
The problem is that people have different ideas of what "better" is... for me the WRX was better because it suited my needs and that's why I bought it. If you want something more performance/race oriented, the STI is better. You're really comparing two different cars and thinking they are just different versions of the same car. It's like asking what is better, a Mazda RX8 or a Miata. Just my 2 cents...

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
1 - 20 of 84 Posts