ClubWRX Forum banner

11961 - 11980 of 11983 Posts

·
Admiral Ackbar the 1st
15,697 Posts
Which GFB - some (most?) of theirs come with adjustable recirculation. If it has that, and is adjusted well for it (all recirc or at least mostly), I'd be unconcerned totally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 wrx and has a stock turbo and an AEM aftermarket intake. Is it ok to get a aftermarket blow off valve like HKS, Greddy or perrin without having it tuned?

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
No, it means that your car needs a bypass valve not a blowoff valve. It doesn't matter how you tune it. The engine management being mass air flow based does not work correctly with blow off valves.

·
Æternum
19,769 Posts
Please read the stickies. /Thread

EDIT: Wow, it's like learning how to moderate all over again with this change

·
Registered
11 Posts
So i've been reading that a bov is not ok due to it being post maf, what if it was plumbed pre maf, would that make the car lean out to much?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Are BOV's still a thing? I can't speak for the more recent cars, but it seems like we squashed the validity of needing/wanting one pretty thoroughly on the GD cars. Or at least, that was my perception.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,508 Posts
Ever hear compressor surge in action?
Yes! Repeatedly and (perhaps sadly, considering how long ago that was) in person during the Group B era. Depending on the car they'd clank or screech and that, combined with the afterfire and the constant whistling that was novel at the time really added to the aura. Anyway, I digress.

11961 - 11980 of 11983 Posts