ClubWRX Forum banner

11921 - 11940 of 11983 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
so I would just need the speed density rom and tune? I was reading on some other forum that I would have to do some sort of conversion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
To cut a long story short it's not worth your time or effort in the majority of cases.

Why do you want one?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
so I would just need the speed density rom and tune? I was reading on some other forum that I would have to do some sort of conversion

Pretty much.. I mean, you will need to relocate your IAT sensor to a proper spot to get good temperature readings for calculating load.. but that's a requirement for running speed density, regardless of your BOV. And you may want to upgrade your MAP sensor, depending on how much boost you want to run.

What sort of "conversion" are you speaking of?

·
Registered
22 Posts
To cut a long story short it's not worth your time or effort in the majority of cases.

Why do you want one?

Honestly. just for the sound, but from what you guys are telling me I probably won't get one. it seems like such a Hassel for something little

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
Yeah that's the real pain. To do it right is more than the fun sound factor provides. It's always cool to hear a pwoosh. But an intake will allow you to hear the stock bpv pretty clearly

·
Super Modulator
19,456 Posts
What if I just get an aftermarket recirculating bov, would that still make me run rich?

What would be the benefit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Super Modulator
19,456 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
The factory bypass valve is more than enough. An aftermarket unit is not going to aide you in the least. It can vent enough air that your turbo won't out flow it giving you the choo choo sound

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm just trying to educate myself I am new to this. Thanks for the information guys, Helped out a lot! I'll just stick with the factory bpv

11921 - 11940 of 11983 Posts