ClubWRX Forum banner

11881 - 11900 of 11972 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,856 Posts
I just ordered the Cobb bpv xle and wondering how to set it up right ? 50/50 or recirculated . 2013 wrx
Recirc

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I just ordered the Cobb bpv xle and wondering how to set it up right ? 50/50 or recirculated . 2013 wrx
Preferably recirculating but its your car you do what you want.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I personally dont know about the sound but read the thread if you are wanting to put it to 50/50 some people have luck others not so much. Personally I wouldn't want to risk ruining my care just for a sound. Any more info about as to why set it to recirculate rather then venting some to atmosphere read the thread.

·
For External Use Only
3,886 Posts
People are telling you that you could compromise your cars reliability and performance by not setting a valve to recirc and you're still just worried about how it's going to sound? Sell your car. Buy a Honda.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought it used a week ago and what I do know is that a Perrin catback on it , downpipe, grimmspeed boost controller, stage 2 clutch , engine has been tuned also

·
For External Use Only
3,886 Posts
I had a Honda and sold it lol I use to own a 92 mr2 turbo and a 300zx twin turbo . This is my first Subaru

Sweet, well, as you've probably already realized. Subarus are a really different machine. Lots to learn about them! Be sure to go through the stickies here on the forum, and you'll have a pretty good grasp on them! You won't gain anything from a blow off valve with them. An intake and tune will net you a little gain, though!

Edit: Didn't see your other mods before I made that post. Sounds like you're at a pretty good level. May want to look into an upgraded intercooler and fuel pump for your next mods. ETS Top Mount and DW65c would be two great options.

·
For External Use Only
3,886 Posts
You definitely have a tune, etc. then or your car would be running crazy with lights everywhere... did they include an accessport?

·
Premium Member
4,856 Posts
Would you recommend keeping the Cobb bpv or just leave the stock one in ? I haven't installed it yet
Keep the valve, just keep it recirculating.
My valve never leaked, others do after about 18 psi I've heard....the stock intercooler fails at that as well...mine did at stage 1 levels and split the end tanks apart

·
Premium Member
4,856 Posts
I installed the Cobb bpv and when I rev it up at the tail end of it coming down the muffler pops . Is this normal ?
Probably depending on the severity. What other mods? Any exhaust work?
What's the valve set at?

Edit:disregard the above, didn't recognize your username. Yeah, more than likely normal. With just my catback I noticed some popping

·
For External Use Only
3,886 Posts
As long as you've left it on full recirculation, your tune shouldn't need tweaked for the mod dark.

HOWEVER, if the old valve was leaking (and tuned for it) and now the new valve ISNT leaking, it may not need as much fuel as the old tune was giving it... leading to the rich "pop"

another possibility is that you've left the small tube coming from the BPV loose, or something.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm thinking about the Go Fast Bits TMS BOV. Right now my '15 STI's bone stock under the hood. Should the BOV be something to go along with other mods or is it good as a stand-alone tweak?

11881 - 11900 of 11972 Posts