ClubWRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 11983 Posts

·
4,769 Posts
No, I'm using a ball bearing Power Enterprise PE1818F turbo. I'll hopefully install my STI injectors tomorrow morning and my PE fuel pump. Then I'll try to get my front mount intercooler in when I get some time. Car's coming together. I have a track day in June and want to have the car ready by May.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If there is no CEL issues, then I stand corrected. But I wouldn't say such if there were for no reason. Users on i-club have had such experiences. But as you said they could or could not be due to installation.

God sells parts. Vividracing.com sells parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey..alright..im plannin on putting a blow off valve..on my stock 02 WRX...and i was wondering..how the installation is..and which do you guys think is the best one to get..any information would help..thanx..oh yea one more thing...i have an automatic

BlaZiaNWrX

·
Registered
477 Posts
GOD... do you have a camera you can takes pics of your stuff with... cause i would LOVE to see the install and pics of the intercooler and injectors!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Forge BOV noise???

I recently installed a Forge atmospheric BOV. When I'm driving the car and let off the throttle I hear a stuttering, multiple "psst, psst, psst, psst" instead of one quick "psst". I assume this means I have the wrong spring in the valve. Does this mean the spring is too strong or too weak? I was told the valve had the blue spring. Has anyone experienced this noise and if so, what spring/spacer combo have you had to use to fix this?

thanks,

Punk

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
When I first got mine, it would only release a full blow off at about 5-6k rpm. At anything lower, it was just a sputter. You need to get your hands on a weaker spring for the BOV. Contact the retailer you purchased it from, and they will send you the spring. I assume you got the bov from Atmosphere???

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have been looking at this bov...have you been happy with it. did you get the external venting...i am not sure which to get and whic one is better

·
Registered
172 Posts
My Forge BOV does the same thing. It stutters if it vents at less than half of full boost. After installing an MBC it stutters less since I reach full boost sooner.

Dale

·
Registered
120 Posts
Turbo XS BOV? What are your thoughts.

I had one on my car for a while and I liked the noise it made and all. But I did not like the lag that it gave me inbetween shifts. It seemed like I had to really make sure I gave it a good amount of gas before I let the clutch back out. Also the car runs rich, so much so that you can see the tail pipes getting dirty from the unburned fuel.

My question: Does this only occur with the Turbo XS BOV or will this happen with any 100% Atmospheric BOV? Is there another BOV out there that is better?

41 - 60 of 11983 Posts