Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
I will still stick with the AMERICAN pushrod V8 LS1 found in the ZO6 anyday. The new 50th anniversary edition is supposed to put out 450 hp from the factory.

I am also interested in putting a LS1 from a wrecked Z28 or Trans Am and overdrive auto 700-R4 into my Firebird. Anyone know where I can get one cheap?

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
VANOS used to be a nightmare to tune, it has come a long way. Best V8? Maybe, but I still love the Mercedes Benz V8s from their larger cars.

Also, Toyota and Honda have some kick ass variable intake on their race engines, but I think you meant PRODUCTION CAR engines. We won't see that technology for a while...

I'm the most excited about the new C6 Corvette's camless heads, but I don't think GM has the guts to bring it to production...

-Jim

·
Registered
473 Posts
Take it from a mechanical engineer, the BMW V8 is incredible. Nothing else comes close. And I hate BMWs. :)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
FUNKED1 said:
Take it from a mechanical engineer, the BMW V8 is incredible. Nothing else comes close. And I hate BMWs. :)
No doubt, but they will also make the most HP from the factory. DINAN won't be able to do crap with it! That's good and bad, I guess.

Still, have you seen the fuel mileage on the big benz? AMAZING!

-Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts