Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i really want a Ram 1500 with a Hemi in it, shortbed, 2wd, too bad it's 5speed auto!

i went to dodge.com and msrp is around 22600 for it so what would invoice be?? hmm i love the lightning the hemi truck could be built badarse!

·
Registered
748 Posts
That would be pretty bad ass actually, Dodge trucks have always been the best (why do you think its always a Chevy vs. Ford pissing contest... because against they Dodge's, there is NO contest)... I wish Dodge would follow the Lightnings lead from the factory... mmmmm.... blown Hemi... *drools*

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
STIwish said:
That would be pretty bad ass actually, Dodge trucks have always been the best (why do you think its always a Chevy vs. Ford pissing contest... because against they Dodge's, there is NO contest)... I wish Dodge would follow the Lightnings lead from the factory... mmmmm.... blown Hemi... *drools*
Actually, they are. Haven't you seen their 500hp V-10 Viper powered truck they are coming out with?

Hehehe.....:D

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
on srtforums it listed at like 12.9 which i believe more then the 13.8 i see haha. street tires too man!!

but i'd rather build a hemi!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I was under the impression that the Viper engine based truck was a concept vehicle.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
SpeedRacerWRX02 said:
WAS a concept now it's being produced!
That's right! :D

V-10 engine, 90 degree V-type 8.3 liter (505 cubic inch)
Horsepower: 500 bhp (372 kW) @ 5,600 rpm
Torque: 525 lb.-ft. (678 Nom)@ 4,200 rpm

Manual, six-speed transmission with Hurst shifter mechanism and linkage

Wheelbase: 120.5
Box Length: 6'3"
Track, Front: 68.5
Track, Rear: 67.9
Overall Length: 203.1
Overall Width: 79.9
Overall Height: 74.4
Fuel Tank Capacity: 26 gal
Curb Weight (estimated): 5,000 lbs.

Tires: Pirelli Scorpion Zero 305/40 YR 22
Wheels: Forged aluminium "Viper-style" 22 x 10 inch

Performance (estimated)0-60 mph 5.2 sec.; 0-80 mph 8.4 sec.
Standing quarter mile 13.8 sec. @106 mph
Top Speed 150 mph

"There is a slightly understated air about the SRT-10, especially considering its performance potential," said Rick Aneiros, Vice President, Truck Design. "But as powerful as the overall theme of the Ram SRT-10 is, we were determined not to make this another boy racer truck. We added functional aero tweaks to deliver a truck that can handle 150 mph-plus speeds."

·
Registered
748 Posts
HELL YES! *goes to sell his WRX* yeah right, don't think so... awesome truck, but ill keep the WRX for now :)

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unfortunatly it will outcose the Lightningt by prob 10K i'm thinking so the lightning is a better value since the new ones are like 500hp also.....

can we expect this kind've battle in evo vs sti battle in years to come. can't forget about chevy ss...it doens't hold a candle to the other 2 tho

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think dodge fully plans on pricing the SRT-10 ram inline with the lightning. But next year, with the increase in performance/technology the lightning has, i'd expect it's price to go up also. Either way, it looks like one awesome truck.

·
Registered
594 Posts
For a new pickup with performance in mind I would have to go with the upcoming Silverado SS. Hasn't the WRX taught you guys anything about the beauty of AWD? Just add a supercharger and the Silverado will easily hose the Ford and Dodge.

I'm gonna stick with my 88 S-10 4x4 though. Got a 383 stroker motor in the works. Currently in search of a "haulin' ass" plate frame LOL.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the SS also has 4 wheel steering. i'm not fan of AWD on trucks. a car is 1 thing. on a truck man big motor rwd LSD good gears! boom, i miss lighting up the tires

·
Registered
36 Posts
SpeedRacerWRX02 said:
ok i really want a Ram 1500 with a Hemi in it, shortbed, 2wd, too bad it's 5speed auto!

i went to dodge.com and msrp is around 22600 for it so what would invoice be?? hmm i love the lightning the hemi truck could be built badarse!
...heh get SRT Ram...Hemi ram hauls ass but nothing like the SRT

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: That thing got a hemi in it?

mattyp said:
...heh get SRT Ram...Hemi ram hauls ass but nothing like the SRT
thats up more then the lightning most likely more then 30K to much for me man!

now invoice is 20,400

hmm i wonder if dodge would take a modded WRX for it. i bet i can get it if i really wanted it. i love the rex. but i want the hemi ram bad!

prob end of summer or something cuz if i wait till fall and or winter i can prob get a better deal. but who wants to drive a hemi in the winter. would help brake in period tho. i'll shop around.

·
Registered
137 Posts
hmmm

i think there's something very wrong, when a truck (work trucks, no less) outperform the high-end performance cars from the very same company.

:p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actually dosnt Dodge have that one truck with the viper moter in it...
They have it on one of there tv ads with the viper, srt-4, interpid...

David

1 - 20 of 23 Posts