ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if there is another thread like this but i figured id start one. Lets see the first damage that's happened to your Subaru; and how it happened/ how you resolved the issue. Well ill start first.

Reversing out of the garage i have millions of times scraped a ladder no one cared to tell me they left there.

10 dollars later with touch up paint, and wet sanded. Gave me a reason to order a front lip anyways so i'm currently waiting for my JNA lip to get shipped.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think you did a great job with the touch up! I can't tell you how many times now my lip has saved my bumper. After the first scrape, I knew it was time to get one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice work. I have searched the forums and don't see much on paint repair here. Has anyone seen a paint repair DIY tutorial from the metal up? If not maybe I'll document this weekends fun. Need to fix 6 marks on my subaru and fix rust intrusion under the paint of the wife's Mazda.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
The first one always hurts :(

Super job on the fix! OEM Subaru touch up paint?

Moving to Exterior and Appearance ...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice work. I have searched the forums and don't see much on paint repair here. Has anyone seen a paint repair DIY tutorial from the metal up? If not maybe I'll document this weekends fun. Need to fix 6 marks on my subaru and fix rust intrusion under the paint of the wife's Mazda.
Please do, my wife did the same thing entering a parking lot at not enough of an angle! It's like the lower drivers side part of the bumper skin has been cheese grated. The car is 5 days old :(

I might have to also look into this lip you fine folks speak of!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Had a raccoon commit suicide using my bumper when I moved across the country:

My fix: make a steel bumper that will ensure that critters will be successful in their "offing" of themselves:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts