ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW! What a thrill. Today, I test drove both the AT and 5 speed. It's a no brainer. I gotta have the 5 speed. It launches like the space shuttle. OK, understand my current car is an AT Elantra. Nuff said?

My choice when I find it is the Crystal Grey Metallic with matching ground effects. The new 2005 wheels have a similar color to the CGM so it's a perfect match.

The dealership wants me to buy it and then they will find one. I said that I don't buy before I drive. Is that asking too much from them? Or am I out of line?

Anyway, I did a quote request from Edmonds.com to four local dealers. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well one thing about the dealer not having it...sometimes they will find one at some other dealer that is a few hours away and have them drive the car to whatever dealer your at. The thing is, if the car is new, you dont definately dont want someone taking your new car on a road trip during the break in period. Thats just something to look out for. I also think you shouldn't buy a car before drivin it, you just never know.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do they want you to actually buy it, or just put a deposit down? On both my cars, all I did was put a deposit down. The contract I signed had a clause that I could get my deposit back, if I was unhappy with the car that they actually found. This happened with my wife's Forrester, which the dealer found at another dealership. And with my WRX, which was factory ordered (car had like 3 miles on it).

Viggy

·
Registered
150 Posts
When I bought my STi, I just had to tell the dealer that I wanted it. I didn't leave any money or sign anything. They had the car trucked in with 10 total miles on it. I actually emailed the dealer a few days after placing my order and changed from grey to black! They said, "no problem," and ordered me two STis! When I got there I had my choice of two :) I chose black.

If you're anywhere near Rochester, NY - go to VanBortel Subaru. They are always way under MSRP and have "one price" for the car. There is no haggling. Great experience! http://www.vanbortelsubaru.com (crappy website though) [email protected] will put you in contact with Theresa, she's really nice and will help you out if you're interested. If you do email her, mention Eric with the 2005 Black STi. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
It is definetely not too much to ask for you to test drive it and atleast look at the car before you actually sign the paperwork. This is a 25k investment here and if I were you, I would want everything to be perfect the first time around. Just my .03.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Test Drive!

Yes, they actually want me to buy the car first. The woman I am dealing with is a little scattered, so I am going to try to deal with the sales manager. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all of your help.

P.S. Yeah. I'm a little picky about everything. When it comes to this car, you can bet that it will be perfect or no deal.

Scott

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, they listened to me!

After all that, they were able to get the car I wanted without me signing a thing. It must be magic! Ha Ha! I'll test drive it tomorrow. Hope they didn't have to drive it too far and rack up miles, or I may change my mind. I do have to realize that Crystal Gray Metallic is new and rare color right now. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts