Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A large improvement over previous Forester. Lots of torque in low RPM. Doesn't feel like a 4 cylinder. The black interior is really nice. Has cloth on the sunvisors too. No complaints

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Sweet! Are there 5-speed versions available or only Auto?

·
Registered
422 Posts
hey...what's the int. like? racing style seats at all..like with bolsters or anything..or is it pretty much like the regular forester? i'm trying to talk my parents into it..1 turbo subie+1turbo subie = fun for the whole family :)

oh and i would guess that they have a 5 speed..i was reading that subaru magazine they sound out and they were talkign about their new HillHolder system for manual Foresters, so i would imagine they would offer the XT in manual as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Own it!

I picked up the XT 2 days ago. This is my first Subaru and I am glad I waited for the turbo version.
There is a 5 speed but you can't get leather or a sun roof with that. If you want a sun roof you have to get the auto trans and leather setup. The leather seems nicer than the 2003 models
Mine is a auto trans with cloth seats. I think the seats are the standard forster shape but with firmer cushions and black interior like the WRX. The salesman said he heard it is has a detuned STI engine. Sticker MPG says 19/23 and it does require min 91 octane.
This break-in period sucks:(

·
Registered
12 Posts
how does the spool up and acceleration feel? does it have the same low end grunt as a 2.5l N/A??? Please tell us. I'd like to know if I should wait for the 2.5 turbo in the next generation legacy, or go for the wrx wagon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just drove one last night. Yep, it's got low end power. Acceleration is not as much as a normal WRX, but not bad at all. I drove the 5-speed. I was able to spool it up and spin all four tires from a stop, so it's definitely way more powerful than my normal Forester. I really, really, like it. It's beautiful to my eyes, goes like hell, and they've done a very nice job with the interior. It needs a short-shifter like you wouldn't believe, though. The engine sounds awesome, but it could also do with a nice throaty exhaust.

And before you ask about me doing 4500-rpm clutch dumps in a test-drive car, my friend is an auto writer, and I borrowed the car from him. No cars anyone would actually buy were harmed in the making of this post. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts