ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the old saying "Like buying a car without test driving it." I'm having no luck finding a WRX on a lot in town that I can test drive, and its making me have reservations about ordering a 2012 having never driven one. Is anyone else encountering the same problem, and if I could locate an earlier used model to drive would there be any significant differences in the way they drive that would be misleading?

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
test drive an 11. They're nearly identical. Plus, if you order a car, and it doesn't fit the bill... until you sign the papers, it's not yours.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked the dealer what kind of obligation you have when you place an order, and the salesman made me think that if I order it its mine. I understand there needs to be a reasonable expectation that I would buy the car, but I also thought his black and white response to that question was a little off putting.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
You are not obligated to take the car if you order it.

You will have to give them a down payment,which is usually fully refundable.Before ordering you do not sign any contract.It is only a good faith agreement between you & your dealer.

I test drove a used 2009 before buying my 2011.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Like the people in this thread mentioned, test drive any 09+ (preferably either the hatch or sedan depending on what you're ordering). While the '11s and '12s are noticeably nicer, it's mostly just aesthetics and you'll get a really good feel for how you like them.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Where are you located? Maybe someone here could let you take a ride in theirs. If you're anywhere near CNJ I'm willing ...

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Yeah ... that would be a bit of a drive. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts