ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a small dilemma, a dilemma i dont mind having. i have some $$ to spend on the rex here. im pretty much done with my stage 1 mods, got the u/d/e, threw a perrin intake in there for some noise, i have tein h-techs, wheels, the whole schbang. after i did my uppipe (last big install) i figured i should get the utec to really get the most power out of my mods, and raise the boost a little. but im debating now. i found a guy in australia who is willing to sell me a complete sti ra gearset for 850 shipped. the thing is its used for 13000 miles, he said theres nothing wrong with it. i really want the gearset, because i read that the ra gearsets are scarce right now, plus i plan on modding the car alot more esp with the PE 1820.

so what should i spend my money on the gearset? or the utec?

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Let me tell you two things that will probably save you a lot of headache:

1) Buying a used car part from australia sounds like a HUGE trap...even if he's legit, you have no way of contacting him and it could end up being a very very messy process

2) never buy a used gearset unless you personally know the person who used it since it was stock. If you invest close to $1000 in buying (and shipping overseas) a used gearset and there is anything wrong, you'll not only be dissappointed but you'll be SOL.

Get the UTEC, you won't regret the power gains you get and start saving to rebuild your tranny the right way with all new parts that will last longer.

Good luck,

~Tim

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I personally would do engine management first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts