Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tein Type Flex;
I'm wondering about these Supension like how much is the drive quality, drop, adjustable, spring rate, etc.

The reasson I ask is Tein email me and they told me I should consider the Type Flex for my STI. I don't know to much about Tein but I heard that they have a slight rusting problem (integra).

Click here tein.com for the Type Flex

·
Registered
29 Posts
STI Baby said:
Tein Type Flex;
I'm wondering about these Supension like how much is the drive quality, drop, adjustable, spring rate, etc.

The reasson I ask is Tein email me and they told me I should consider the Type Flex for my STI. I don't know to much about Tein but I heard that they have a slight rusting problem (integra).

Click here tein.com for the Type Flex
Tein Flex is a pretty good setup for street, especially with the EDFC. The spring rates are 280f/280r. Ride will not be any more harsher that stock or jjust slightly, but you can adjust the bump settings.

You can find some more information, including height adjustment ranges over here: http://www.selgp.com/tein_-_2004_STi.htm#FLEX

·
1,911 Posts
The Flex kit should ride about as well or better than the stock suspension while giving you a much higher spring rate and better dampening at the higher settings. I would highly recommend it as a street setup. For heavier track use I use the Tein RA setup which is full alluminum, larger piston shaft and inverted strut for less unsprung weight and higher strength. The RA kit is also adjustable but is NOT compatible with EDFC. WIth 6/5 spring rates you'll find the RA setup to ride about same as the stock setup and handle FAR better. WIth standard 8/6 spring rates it is a bit stiffer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help and links;

I was going to use it in the dirt couple of time so I can get a feel what my STI can do but mostly getting to Point A to B.

Looking at the link gave me a little more information. Thanks again

·
Registered
29 Posts
STI Baby said:
Thanks for the help and links;

I was going to use it in the dirt couple of time so I can get a feel what my STI can do but mostly getting to Point A to B.

Looking at the link gave me a little more information. Thanks again
Our pleasure.

If you are looking more for street oriented setup, you might want to consider the STi "pink springs". There is quite a bit of positive support in the boards, but we have not tested them, so I am impartial about them. However, if what people claim is accurate, for $400, it might be just what you are looking for. Do some more research on them however, couple of people reported uneven heights after installation that may not go away after the springs do settle.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts