ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can probably pull up 10 reviews of these coilovers so I will just say - absolutely amazing setup!

Before the install I was running stock struts with Sprint springs that gave a 1.8" drop f/r. This was a bit much for the stock struts but I knew that I was going to get the coilovers soon enough.

This difference is unreal. Even on the crappy Boston roads this suspension rides beautifully over the potholes and cracks in the road.

This version has the stiffer spring rates and the newly redesigned tops to eliminate the infamous clucking sound. I have no sounds what so ever coming from these coilovers.

The EDFC is great! The difference between the stiffest and softest is pretty significant. My girlfriend didn't complain running on the softest setting but I think she would require a sports bra on the stiffest. I didn't even go there.

·
Registered
404 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:
The EDFC is great! The difference between the stiffest and softest is pretty significant. My girlfriend didn't complain running on the softest setting but I think she would require a sports bra on the stiffest. I didn't even go there.
O Damn! You certinaly did go there...the g/f test is pretty key...on my recent suspension work I got a "Yeah I notice the bumps more, but its not bad...if you didn't mention I might not have noticed" on the highway...but around some nice curves it was more like, " Wow! this thing sticks to the road a lot better now!"

Tested. Approved. Congrats on the new setup! Time to see how you match up against Brendan's hatch in the Auto-X. :D

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I am ready for an auto-x now. I think Bren may have the skills though. :D

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You around Sunday? :D

Actually, what would be cool is if you, I and Joe (Silva_wagon) can get together and do a big comparo between the three types of suspension we have.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
whar are you running joe?

i'd be happy to hang some corners with you guys. i've been looking for an excuse to up the stiffness settings. this might be the perfect time.

i'm getting some creaking noises from the rears (old bushings/tops?) but they're running great.

sunday may or may not work. gotta clean out mom's gutters, but other than that, we should be able to work something out.

dR

·
Registered
404 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:
It's as easy as pushing a button right? :D
I have a button that adjusts my how my suspension rides too...its on the floor next to the brake pedal. :p I have enough to play with in my Accessport and stereo...I think it would be wise if I didn't add more distraction while driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts