ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know what people thought of these coilovers. I have a 17 STi and hurt my back (double digit surgeries) and wanted to know if this helps the ride quality. Love the car and if I can make it more comfortable to drive I won’t have to sell it.
Thanks!

·
11,219 Posts
If you want a bone jarring brutal ride that performs a fraction as well as the factory setup on the street and the track, and only lasts a few miles they are great.

You are not going to find anything that comes close to matching the factory suspension for road comfort and track performance under 2000 bucks. BC, tein, qnd all the other Chinese coilovers are pure garbage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn’t expect that harsh of a reply but thanks for the information. Brands you’d recommend? Not worried about track right now more wondering about comfort so I can drive longer than 30 minutes and not selling a car I love and put a lot of $ into.

·
11,219 Posts
Kw has the variant 1 that's pretty good it's way cheaper than the v2 and doesn't perform as well but it's as close to a street comfort coilover I can think of. It's still likely to be harsh compared to stock. Ohlins may have an option as well.

·
11,219 Posts
No problem. For someone looking for ride comfort and coilovers you can get in a really bad spot really fast. It's worth finding a performance shop and talking to them as well. My local shop recommends feal 441 for an inexpensive all around but note it's harsh on the road compared to something like a kw or ohlins

1 - 6 of 6 Posts