ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should've won 1st game of the series but slipped away and 7-2 now. I can feel the sox winning it this year. We can win at home and we can beat the yankme's which is good just have to make it to the post season.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have always been a sox fan so to see them doing well makes me feel awsome. ILLINOIS REPRESENT!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I'll be the lone Yankee fan jumping into this thread to get pounded on. :)

Thankfully, the Yanks are still 7.5 games ahead of the Sox, and will, of course, remain ahead of them for the rest of the season. Definitely looking forward to another battle in the postseason (which will end in the Sox's demise :) ).

All I can say, is, thank god for Aaron Boone in last year's Game 7. :D

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'm so pleased Millar has found his stroke, I was getting pretty PO'ed w/his performance. Funny how a little at the plate 'tuning' has brought up his swinging HP! ;)

-tp

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wrxlude said:
teh sox are still teh blow
cry me teh river. the yanks will win the east as usualy and will meet the sox and this year the sox will win it all. then when they win the yankme fans will say well look at last year or 2 years ago. STOP LIVING IN THE PAST!

da sox and da pats this season!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
:rotfl:

It was awesome, when the Red Sux came to Coors Field to play the Rockies, half the stadium was chanting that as the Rockies were paddling the Sux. :)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
It doesn't matter, I'm not a Rockies fan. Besides, the Rockies have only been around 10 years. I'd even make a bet that the Rockies will win a Series before the Sux.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I dont understand why Boston gets all riled up after they beat the Yanks. Ok fine u win! thats cool. After the Yanks swept the Sox in the beginning of July you didn't see people jumping all over the place, great we won and we move on.

I guess its because they haven't won the world series since 1918, but they have been to the series since then. I am sure that one day they will win the series, but that isn't gonna happen anytime soon. I understand that fans want their team to win, so I can understand CustomS10 saying YEAH WE ARE GONNA WIN THIS YEAR! PATS AND SOX! ok cool. lets jsut wait till it happens

First of all...the Yankees have played the Orioles , the 4th or 5th place team in the AL East 11 times this year. They are 10-1 against the Orioles . This team is garbage, except for Miguel Tejada and Rafael Palmero who are good hitters. The Sox have played them 13 times as well and are 3-10. If your team can't beat this garbage team, do u honestly think they can win the highest acheivement in the game? No they can't. The yankees pitching staff except for Mariano Rivera and Flash Gordon and maybe Quantrill is injured and sick. (some may say you guys beat up Mariano on Saturday night, i guarentee 99 out of 100 times Mariano would of shut u guys out on 3 pitches, pitchers sometimes don't have their stuff...case in point--Tim Wakefield...the so called yankee killer, gave up the ALCS losing HR to aaron boone last year---pitchers sometimes ahve it sometimes don't). Point of this rant, the sox haven't beaten the Orioles.

Pedro and Schilling---will be hall of famers, but they got trashed by the yanks. Pedro is a head hunter and is no longer his 1998 form of having a 1.19 ERA. Sorry. Schilling is an ok pitcher, but he can't hold a lead...he was killed by Texas 3 weeks ago in the same fashion that he had saturday night.

The yankees have prooven themselves to be people that can come back when down---they have won 33 games this year when trailing after the 6th inning (they have 62 victories)

The Red Sox, after losing at the beginning of July, have openly stated, well we are not gonna win the AL East, but lets go for the Wild Card. You consider this team to be champions. What do u call a team taht never quits and refuses to be 2nd place...Champions. The Red Sox are quitters. I can't fathom a team that quits on their season in the MIDDLE of the SEASON!

I feel sorry for all red sox fans

let the games begin:wiggles:

·
Registered
598 Posts
PistolPreeth said:
I dont understand why Boston gets all riled up after they beat the Yanks. Ok fine u win! thats cool. After the Yanks swept the Sox in the beginning of July you didn't see people jumping all over the place, great we won and we move on.

I guess its because they haven't won the world series since 1918, but they have been to the series since then. I am sure that one day they will win the series, but that isn't gonna happen anytime soon. I understand that fans want their team to win, so I can understand CustomS10 saying YEAH WE ARE GONNA WIN THIS YEAR! PATS AND SOX! ok cool. lets jsut wait till it happens

First of all...the Yankees have played the Orioles , the 4th or 5th place team in the AL East 11 times this year. They are 10-1 against the Orioles . This team is garbage, except for Miguel Tejada and Rafael Palmero who are good hitters. The Sox have played them 13 times as well and are 3-10. If your team can't beat this garbage team, do u honestly think they can win the highest acheivement in the game? No they can't. The yankees pitching staff except for Mariano Rivera and Flash Gordon and maybe Quantrill is injured and sick. (some may say you guys beat up Mariano on Saturday night, i guarentee 99 out of 100 times Mariano would of shut u guys out on 3 pitches, pitchers sometimes don't have their stuff...case in point--Tim Wakefield...the so called yankee killer, gave up the ALCS losing HR to aaron boone last year---pitchers sometimes ahve it sometimes don't). Point of this rant, the sox haven't beaten the Orioles.

Pedro and Schilling---will be hall of famers, but they got trashed by the yanks. Pedro is a head hunter and is no longer his 1998 form of having a 1.19 ERA. Sorry. Schilling is an ok pitcher, but he can't hold a lead...he was killed by Texas 3 weeks ago in the same fashion that he had saturday night.

The yankees have prooven themselves to be people that can come back when down---they have won 33 games this year when trailing after the 6th inning (they have 62 victories)

The Red Sox, after losing at the beginning of July, have openly stated, well we are not gonna win the AL East, but lets go for the Wild Card. You consider this team to be champions. What do u call a team taht never quits and refuses to be 2nd place...Champions. The Red Sox are quitters. I can't fathom a team that quits on their season in the MIDDLE of the SEASON!

it doesn't matter any time you beat the yankees it's great especially when there are fights, when you beat the best closer in the game, and you beat up on the pitcher that another team outbid you on.

we hate the yankees so damn much it's unreal. didn't you hear the crowd cheering yankees suck during the game last night. that's 34K people in their, i bet about 30K were cheering yankees suck.

i guess you can't understand unless you have grown up here and followed baseball for a long time.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PistolPreeth said:

ur right the sox loose to bad teams but beat the good teams. My math by be off but we've had a winning record in the reg season against the yanks more often then not in the last 10years we'll say. If the sox could beat the ****ty teams then they would win the east. they get up and play for the yanks and seem to cruise against the orioles and what not. i agree 100% about that. (btw we waxed ur ass in the beginning of the season) aaaaaaaanywho i'm a fan of today/this season. not last season. In all sports not just baseball. it drives me nuts when people say o ya well the rangers won the cup in 94 so HA. honestly who gives a **** what happend in 94. I also agree Pedro is slowly slipping downhill. Schilling is still a great pitcher and if Lowe would get out of this funk then we'd prob be in first or a lot closer. If the sox can pick up another solid pitcher then we have a good shot. Of course we have a good shot every year. If we got Johnson (we won't) then IMO we'd be a fav in the AL. The yanks are always there but look at the teams they have the yanks are expected to win every year. This year i can't see u making the series because u dont have the starting pitching debt. Mussina is garbage now. He was good in Baltimore but is going downhill. The yankme's have a very strong bullpen but u've always had that. The yanks v sox series is a huge rivalry like the Canadians and Bruins or the Lakers Celtics etc... us bostonians (even tho i live in western mass) get up for the rivalires more because it's that much sweeter to beat that team.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts