ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please make sure to post your tech related threads in their appropriate forum. Mods are doing a lot of thread relocations to suspension, powertrain and engine performance of late, but it's a lot of work.

Keeping topics in their respective places makes tasks like searching for information, or finding other related information much easier to the members of the Club.

Thanks
dR

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
The problem with that, of course, is that no one out there answers. I've asked maybe 5 questions in the tech topics, and every one was utterly ignored... I just watched the thread disappear off the first page without a single response. Here, I get answers. I also know who to listen to and who to ignore. Sorry, but I'm going to continue posting tech threads here. If someone wants to move them when they're done, super, but.... otherwise it's pointless.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Please, stop being smarta$$'s.

dR brings up a good point, but I'd also like to say that some other users maybe in the appropriate forums looking for info that you guys have come w/ answers to but posted in the Mountain States...how would they know to look here?

Thank you for your understanding.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
But if they're using the search function correctly, for say "altitude boost levels", shouldn't that also bring up results here in MS?

I agree with Zem, I rarely get the response in the "tech" forums that I do here. I suppose a way to fix that is to start a thread here in MS linking to the thread in the "tech" forum, but that creates double the number of posts that should happen. At least 75% of the time, I get more/better responses here in MS than I do elsewhere.

·
5,799 Posts
Don't shoot the messenger. dR is just doing what he's been asked to, and he raises an important forum issue. I also understand your concerns, which is why we've try to go easy on the thread moving.

Just expect that if you post tech threads here which do not relate specifically to high altitude issues or which are not specifically seeking local assistance, then in all likelyhood the thread will be moved with a redirect. That should give you the best of both worlds.

The ideal situation would of course be that mountain staters start venturing outside of our little sandbox. There's a great deal of knowledge and experience in here that could really benefit the rest of the ClubWRX community. It's pretty unrealistic for us to expect that to happen overnight, but if the tech forums seem a little deserted sometimes it's because a large portion of this community's talent only posts in here.

-Pace

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I don't think anyone here is being a smart arse here Lt. I could make a list of the "normal" bi#$hes you all normally put up with as mods. I have been there and done that. Mtn. States region isn't exactly what you can call a "normal" region of folks! It's considerably more active and it has personality because we have all met at one time or another; monthly or weekly, depending on what we have going on. A certain "comfort zone" develops and so, most of us feel a little more comfortable asking our questions in the regional area.

Now, I understand that you all obviously want to improve the quality of the board overall and that having all tech information in the respective forum would help the resources that are available to everyone. If you all want me to PM whenever we get a tech question, then I'll take that responsibility. You guys can decide what you want to do with it from there after it gets the desired response.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
dark_rex said:
I mean... a thread of mine was essentially done a few days ago. Pace moved it (well, I assume it was Pace). That's fine. But had I posted my question in the Engine Performance topic... no one would have replied to my initial question. No one here would have clicked on it and said "Nice job, bling boy" when the job was done... pointless.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I don't think we're trying to shoot the messenger, just voicing our opinions on the subject. On a related note, many of us DO venture outside the forum regularly. I can speak for myself, of course, but I see others out there as well. However, as Zem and I have said already (and I'm sure others could agree), we tend to get fewer, if zero, responses to technical threads than we do here. Hell, several of the reponses I DO get are from Mountain Staters who follow the link I post in MS to the tech forum.

·
Banned
566 Posts
I am with zem I will continue to post my tech questions in here. Coming from someone who has been into modding subarus for exactly one year now when I ask questions in the sti forum it can take upwards of a week to get a response when I am in the tech forum I am lucky if I get a response at all. Quite honestly in the tech forum and even the sti forum I am tired of getting flammed for not being the subaru no it all and asking question on what product might be best than the other or even asking advice for a funny noise I am hearing or question on installing stuff. On the other hand I post a tech question to the mountain states guys/girls I get a response in a matter of minutes. If it was not for the mountain states guys/girls I would have said screw clubwrx it sucks but I havent simply for one reason.

its time for the mods to realize that we are not doing anything wrong and that mountain states rulz

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I only post tech stuff that is high altitude related here.

You can never smoke too much good weed, only bad.

I understand and will try to venture out more, but I kinda like it in here.

I don't mind having my threads merged moved deleted.

Things like uncorrected dyno numbers and Strange BOV behavior are different up here and it is nice to not have people try and tell you something is deeply wrong with the car who don't understand the effects of high altitude.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I think the key to this quandry is that there are certain issues that only relate to Mtn-States. We certainly can't expect the rest of the country to have experience dealing with the specific problems that arise due to lack of O2. I do my best to keep my tech posts seperated.

zem is a mean drunk

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
djrez4 said:
I think the key to this quandry is that there are certain issues that only relate to Mtn-States. We certainly can't expect the rest of the country to have experience dealing with the specific problems that arise due to lack of O2. I do my best to keep my tech posts seperated.

zem is a mean drunk
:(

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Rancid said:
Oops. I forgot there was a world ouside of MS.
I think a lot of MS people think like this. I know I VERY RARELY venture outside of "our" forum.

I remember when I was a noOb and was just learning and felt much more comfortable asking people in the MS forum. I think it's just a comfort thing. Is that really wrong/bad?

I think you mods make more work for yourselves. Is it really a problem if someone posts a tech question here? If someone really is looking for a particular answer to a question.......wouldn't/shouldn't they use the "search" button? Isn't that what it's there for??? :confused:

I don't mean to cause any trouble, just trying figure out what the big deal is. You complain about all the extra work, but who else but mods find it an offense?

I do remember what it was like before we even had our own regional forum and want to thank Pace again. BUT, I thought the whole idea was to create a place where peolple who reside near each other could hang and help each other. I do think we have a bunch of "crap" posts, but that's not what this post is about. ;) Besides.............how many "tech" questions are actually posted here anyway. :wiggles:

:)

1 - 20 of 133 Posts