ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stockers were relatively easy to get off, but these suckers are a much harder material and don't give as much. I've tried the usual WD/40 + Elbow grease, but no luck so far. Anyone have any tips for this?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Get something to wedge between the hanger and a part of the chassis, metal part of the hanger, etc, and then pry it off.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Syl, take a hair dryer or a heat gun and heat up the hangers. As they heat up, they will get a little more plyable. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will give the hair dryer a shot. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Except for you, Zem. :screwy:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would just like to note to the mod who moved this thread:

By posting this in mountain states, I had 7 responses within an hour. Try getting that level of response in any other forum in that amount of time. There are some very knowledgeable people here who rarely venture outside this forum, therefore to get their help, it's almost required to post in Mtn. States rather than the appropriate forum.

Just my $.02

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
Sylan said:
I would just like to note to the mod who moved this thread:

By posting this in mountain states, I had 7 responses within an hour. Try getting that level of response in any other forum in that amount of time. There are some very knowledgeable people here who rarely venture outside this forum, therefore to get their help, it's almost required to post in Mtn. States rather than the appropriate forum.

Just my $.02
It looks like out of the first seven responses, two of them actually tried to help.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Trainrex said:
I was counting that as one:tongue:
Fair enough. I thought the wedge-lever thing wasn't a good idea, too. I was just trying to make PoorAss feel a little better about himself. Honestly, pulling harder is the way to go. It might also make a man out of him one day...

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
Zem said:
Fair enough. I thought the wedge-lever thing wasn't a good idea, too. I was just trying to make PoorAss feel a little better about himself. Honestly, pulling harder is the way to go. It might also make a man out of him one day...
LOL:rotfl:

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Zem said:
Ass. It worked for me. :tongue:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
7 responses is 7 responses. Better than none at all. (Or the one guy who just likes to say "Call Subaru") Hell, "pull harder" is at least semi-useful.

Anyway, the heatgun/hairdryer worked great. About a minute of heat on each side of the hanger, and it popped right off.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Thank you for moving this thread because I was wondering the same thing.

Posting general tech questions should be done in their respective forums unless you're talking about a BOV at 5,000 feet (or any other tech related thing that only applies to the people in the forum), where posting it in the Mtn. Forum is certainly appropriate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts