ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just back from the dyno

Well got the car back last night and took it to the dyno today. Here are the numbers I will try and post dyno graphs as soon as I have time. I still want to try and install my springs if anyone is up to help me tonight call me at 3035914622 if anyone wants to.

Here are the numbers corrected.

max total power: 383.54
max total torque: 412.78

I was running 1.5 bar and it tappered down to about 1.0 to 1.1 bar to redline.

I also am still on the stock injectors and my afr was 14 to 1 at idle and went down to 10 to 1 at wot.

Honestly I was afarid to take the car back to mac but all I can say now is thank you MAC autosports and Nick!!!!

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I am such a dork those numbers are corrected.

·
Registered
805 Posts
WOW. Very nice numbers man!! Glad to see you got it back together and running well. Just curious what list of mods are you running now? And is that the 7 or 8cm exhaust housing 20G?

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
davidm_sh said:
WOW. Very nice numbers man!! Glad to see you got it back together and running well. Just curious what list of mods are you running now? And is that the 7 or 8cm exhaust housing 20G?
My mods that I am running are: invidia tbe, hks replica headers, helix upipe, injen intake, 20g turbo, utec, walbro 255 fuel pump, utec, I cant think right now that is all I can think of it has been such a long time since I have seen my car in my garage I will update this as things come to my mind.

I believe the exhaust housing is a ported 7cm. I will double check on this as well.

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cnstman said:
:D nice numbers. what gear was the run in?

I am not sure I will have to call mac and ask him. My eyes were glued on the afr meter that I was not even paying attention to him shifting.

·
Registered
986 Posts
if he ran it i bet it was in 3rd. they thought i was crazy for even wanting to run in 4th, he said "you will get a lower reading". techincally the sti should be ran in 5th, but that is just too long of a pull for my liking.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Couple of quick questions.

Why did you engine blow again? Poor Tuning?

Also if you are running a 20g turbo why does it taper down. You should be able to run 20PSI too redline right?

re you using stock injectors?

Just curious as I am not familiar with STI Tuning, thank you

And did you get any money from the shop that blew your motor? IF a shop bloew my Motor on 16-1 I would park it right in front of teh shop with a print out and a Bull Horn screaming @ the top of my lungs until I was paid, seriously.

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Evilevo8 said:
Couple of quick questions.

Why did you engine blow again? Poor Tuning?

Also if you are running a 20g turbo why does it taper down. You should be able to run 20PSI too redline right?

Also Why are you still on your stock injectors? Are they 450 or 550's? Either way they are WAYYYY to small for a 20G. Most people I know run 660's or 720's, again not sure on your current setup.

Just curious as I am not familiar with STI Tuning, thank you
Your first question yes the car belw to poor tunning the car blew on the dyno.

Why does it taper down I dont know cant answer that for you.

Why am I on stock injectors because I have larger injectors and we got better tunning on the car with the stock injectors and a fuel pump. And they are not wayyyy to small because I am still running rich I ran a steady 10:1 on wot. So weither I am on my stock injectors or the bigger injectors the numbers still would have been the same. I was shooting for 400 whp and cam very close with the 383 With as rich as I am I still had room to go bigger but I dont want to push the car to far. I am happy with the numbers that I got.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Oh I am not trying to argue with you just curious. And yes 9 times out of 10 Stock injectors are higher quality then aftermarket.

Just that a 20G is a BIG Turbo, even for a 2.5 liter. You should be able to make around 450WHP and even more torque.

Good numbers, and did you get any compensation from the shop that ran 16-1 A/F? that is murder....

·
5,799 Posts
Evilevo8, bear in mind that for a given boost pressure our turbos push considerably less mass of air at this elevation than at sea-level. Less air requires less fuel (and results in less power). This is the reason that there are a lot of Subarus up here that have run 'large' turbochargers such as the 18G and 20G, without necessitating the move to 660cc injectors.

When subbysti mentioned ~380WHP, he was referring to SAE corrected output. He was probably actually laying down something like 300WHP. Still very impressive numbers for Colorado.

Not to get into a sizing debate, but the 20G is not really 'big' for a 2.5L, but you're correct that it is capable of a little more.

-Pace

·
Registered
438 Posts
OH CRAP I neglected to see the COLORADO in teh sig, duh, mile high, 20% less 02 for all. Yes I am @ sea level, sorry.

What does say a stock Z06 or like a Cobra run @ the elevation.

·
5,799 Posts
Quartermile? Stock, I've seen them in the 13s with a good driver. I have never seen or heard of an unmodified example break into the 12s. That said, I haven't been to the strip as much this year so somebody else may be able to offer more up to date observations.

-Pace

·
Registered
498 Posts
Evilevo8 said:
OH CRAP I neglected to see the COLORADO in teh sig, duh, mile high, 20% less 02 for all. Yes I am @ sea level, sorry.

What does say a stock Z06 or like a Cobra run @ the elevation.
Yes, don't take any of our advice for tuning it's totally differant than sea level. For example, I'm running an TD05/18G on my STi, 20psi tappering to 15psi at redline:( . Stock ECU, stock fuel and the AFR's are in the low 10's under boost.

Stock Z06's and 03+ Cobras run high to low 13's up hear depending on driver. Same goes for Vipers. :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts