ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an after market alarm installed in my car, because the factory one was acting up. ( Going off in the middle of traffic )

Now when I stop the security light flickers and sometimes the horn still beeps :(

How can I fully disable this annoying thing? Is it a fuse or something?

:mad:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I remember reading somewhere (about installing a Turbo Timer) that the factory alarm crap is above the fuse box on the newer WRX's. I'm willing to bet it's in the same spot on your RS. Umm...I guess give this a try and I am sorry if I am wrong :D

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
I've got something next to the ebrake handle. I dunno what, nor do I know what happens if 'ya unplug it...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
There, now you have two ideas, give both of them a try and see what happens. Obviously Zem and I have no true idea what to do :D

EDIT - By the way, if you unplug ****, you can always plug it back in and it should work just fine ;)

·
Registered
474 Posts
The brain for the alarm in under the center console with the sensibility control and the keyless remote stuff is behind the dash above the fuses.

I had a problem with the alarm system and my turbo timer because after I set the alarm it would take me 10 minutes of hitting the unarm button before it would unlock the car. So I took it to the dealer and they installed a new alarm system (didn't tell me) and the problem was still there. So I get home, lock my car, and the horn goes off telling me that my car was armed. I had no way of getting back into my car because my transmitter wasn't programmed for the new alarm.

So I had to unlock the door with the key, alarm is going off, neighbors are yelling at me, pop the hood, disconnect the battery, and I had to take the entire alarm system out of my car to drive it back to the dealership.

I will try to find a diagram.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Chris G said:
EDIT - By the way, if you unplug ****, you can always plug it back in and it should work just fine ;)
Don't know about that....I think if you unplug ****, the system may think you're a thief unplugging ****, and shut down the whole ignition. The box by the e-brake has a sensitivity adjustment, but that's about all I know. If you had a new system installed, it seems like the old one would be non-functional at this point...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
svc said:
Don't know about that....I think if you unplug ****, the system may think you're a thief unplugging ****, and shut down the whole ignition. The box by the e-brake has a sensitivity adjustment, but that's about all I know. If you had a new system installed, it seems like the old one would be non-functional at this point...
Hense my winky Sammy :D :cool:

No, I wouldn't personally unplug ****, but it's fun to think about. I sure hope I can figure out to wire my Turbo Timer (which happens to be your old one Judah)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
There is a way to do it without any of that. If you open the drivers door and hold the panic button for more than two seconds, the security system will disarm and go into valet mode. You can see this by noting that the security light will continue to flash twice per second on the dashboard. Simple.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The factory key fob is disabled.... Seems like a loose connection somewhere as the security light flickers when I stop. Might have to take it to a dealer heh

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
tasq said:
The factory key fob is disabled.... Seems like a loose connection somewhere as the security light flickers when I stop. Might have to take it to a dealer heh
Always fun if you're pretty stock. You never know, they might try to blame this loose connection/faulty stock alarm on your CF hood!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chris G said:
Always fun if you're pretty stock. You never know, they might try to blame this loose connection/faulty stock alarm on your CF hood!:rolleyes:
With my luck they would :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
mike270 said:
I installed the factory alarm myself after I bought the car and the only thing I did was plug in the box under the e-brake. If you unplug that from the harness under the dash it should be disarmed.
Yay for t3h mike...He has the answ3r!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts