ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
vegetable oil......

not really, buy the k&n filter charger kit, all the directions are in it.

FTW

·
Registered
4,858 Posts

Restore your dirty K&N air filter with a Filter Recharge Kit. Each kit is specifically designed to clean your filter and restore your filters airflow efficiency so it operates like new again. Recharge kits include cleaning directions, one 6.5 oz. bottle of air filter oil and 12oz. bottle of filter cleaner, which are good for 2-3 cleanings.

$10

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Xenotaku said:
Is there a time frame for doing this mile wise? Or just when it looks dirty?
I do mine every oil change.

make me a sammich

FTW

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
it takes a lil while for the filter to dry after you wash it..just a heads up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok so i just rinsed mine today, do i have to put the air filter oil on it before putting it back on? or can i put it on then drive to class then to autozone and pick up the oil?

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
dekewrx said:
Ok so i just rinsed mine today, do i have to put the air filter oil on it before putting it back on? or can i put it on then drive to class then to autozone and pick up the oil?
Kudos - you searched before posting. :thumbup:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Buy recharger kit.
Spray with K&N solvent, let sit for 10 mins.
Rinse with low pressure water (dont JET it, it will screw up the fiber)
Repeat.

Shake water off, then let dry (I set mine on top of my central AC unit by the house for about 20 mins or so. Make sure its really dry!

Spray a light coating on the outer side, make sure its pink enough to cover the fabric and DONT over oil it. If you oil it and water from not drying it out mix up and sling into your intake, you can bow your MAF.

But I dont use the K&N any more....

j

1 - 15 of 15 Posts