ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help tuning my car, im not going back to mac because i spent 120 there last time and i still get knock and now i hit 20psi of i got on it hard. so all i need is to have it detuned a little. can anyone help?
i don't have much time to come to denver but i mite be there tomaro and the next day, i think the next time i can make it will be late aug. i was hopping to get this worked out by thin.
thanks for the help ryan

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
black said:
i need some help tuning my car, im not going back to mac because i spent 120 there last time and i still get knock and now i hit 20psi of i got on it hard. so all i need is to have it detuned a little. can anyone help?
What are you trying to "detune", exactly?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I assume you do not have a stock turbo then? Anyway, I know nothing about the Utec.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Sorry I didn't reply to your last PM, I am not available at all on weekdays due to school / work.

If your Utec is controlling boost and not by an MBC or seperate EBC do this...

Hook laptop up to utec

E to edit map

Select the map you're overboosting on

Select Boost Map

If you're using Closed loop boost control the numbers will be above 100. You want to lower them by 20 at a time. You can select multiple columns by holding down the shift key. Say they are 380 for example you want to highlight all those, hit CTRL+F and then type in 360 hit enter. CTRL+X to exit the map. CTRL+S to save it. Drive around, check boost levels. Repeat til you get desired boost.

p.s. It's all in the Utec manual

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
I generally have all 5 maps. Map 1 is "Hey, Mark bought expensive gas!" with higher boost and a little more advanced timing. Then I'll go all the way down to 5 by lowering boost, putting the timing, and adding a little fuel. I usually run on 3. So if I get a bad tank of gas, I go to map 4 or 5.

Lowering the boost is very easy. Do what Mad said... but, you need to read the manual a whole bunch, too. Once you get into it you should see what's going on. It's not too complex, but it does take some getting used to.

edit: This might help some http://www.wrxhackers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1337

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mad WRX said:
Sorry I didn't reply to your last PM, I am not available at all on weekdays due to school / work.

If your Utec is controlling boost and not by an MBC or seperate EBC do this...

Hook laptop up to utec

E to edit map

Select the map you're overboosting on

Select Boost Map

If you're using Closed loop boost control the numbers will be above 100. You want to lower them by 20 at a time. You can select multiple columns by holding down the shift key. Say they are 380 for example you want to highlight all those, hit CTRL+F and then type in 360 hit enter. CTRL+X to exit the map. CTRL+S to save it. Drive around, check boost levels. Repeat til you get desired boost.

p.s. It's all in the Utec manual
no biggy

i would do all that but my laptop is down and out and i don't no what's wrong with it. also i just got done putting the new downpipe on (helx) and new catback(JIC) and there is a gap about 1/16 on a inch right where they meet. its like one of them is not strait so they will not mate up right, and there is no one in town that has gadgets for it(im going to try 2 or 3 gadgets before i take in in to a shop) so this means i will not be there tomaro. but i hop to switch things around so i can come this week end. can anyone help thin?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts