ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dynoed Cobb VF34 map at Mac

I wanted to get another baseline before I take my car to get tuned by Cobb 2 weeks from now. With stage 2 map bosal DP, IC hoses and uppipe my car put down 217 hp and 234 tq Corrected on a 68 degree day. I have since added a VF34, STi injectors, gruppe S manifold, and completed my exhaust with a Tanabe catback.

Uncorrected and 96 degrees I was able to put down....

225.29 HP
224.24 TQ

and corrected...

286.89 HP
285.55 TQ

So overall from Cobb stage 2 to there conservative VF34 map I added 69hp and 51 pounds of tourque on a day that was almost 30 degrees hotter. Not bad considering that they only say a 35hp increase on their site from stage 2 to stage 2.5

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DenverWRX said:
It may just be me and my n00bness, but does anyone else cry at the amount of horsepower we loose up here?
yeah tell me about it, at sea level people with the same setup as me are running mid to high 12's I cant manage better than a 13.4 here (although I feel I could get a little lower into the 13's with some practice)

·
Registered
155 Posts
good numbers!

i have the same set up but i laid down 253hp and 286.5 trq corrected i wonder where are are my missing 30 hp:(

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lupe said:
good numbers!

i have the same set up but i laid down 253hp and 286.5 trq corrected i wonder where are are my missing 30 hp:(
That is strange the only thing I could think of would be the header?? and possibly IC hoses? maybe both adding up to around 30hp, but then again your TQ is right on so I have no idea.

My air fuel is leaner than the regular stage 2 map but I have heard that the Cobb VF34 map tends to run a little on the lean side, hopefully I can get this all worked out with a custom tune. from what I can tell my A/F is around 11.5-1 11-1 all the way through. A little leaner than I would like to see but still okay, from what I can tell anyone have any insight on my A/f ratios. I will try to get this graph posted. The graph showing the side by side of stage 2 vs. VF34 is pretty neat, sooo much smoother power delivery.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have the headder and i/c hoses too, as far as my a/f goes i'm about a 10.1-10.3:1. how much boost are you seeing ?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Lupe, you are running richer, so more conservative, so less power. Especially if you have all the same hardware. What engine management are you running?

·
Registered
353 Posts
DenverWRX said:
It may just be me and my n00bness, but does anyone else cry at the amount of horsepower we loose up here?
Holy hell you're right. I just arrived in Washington DC (to stay), and nearly soiled my pants when I went for a *test* run to make sure things were ok from the long trip.

94 octane + sea level = wow

Best upgrade I've done to my STi thus far :D

Sorry to rub it in, but altitude is teh sux0r.

-Eric-

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lupe said:
i have the headder and i/c hoses too, as far as my a/f goes i'm about a 10.1-10.3:1. how much boost are you seeing ?
A brief spike to 16 and settles at 15 on my autometer gauge. But my AP reads about 14.5 and slowly tappers off to 14 at redline. I will be really curious what kind of boost settings I see after the tune. Hopefully around 17 and holding to redline would be nice.

·
Registered
155 Posts
[ What engine management are you running? [/B][/QUOTE]

i have cobb 91 octane vf34 map, do you guys think i could run a mbc to up boost and lean it out, if so what should boost to and what a/f would be good with out causing probs to the engine?right now i see boost peak @ 16psi and holding 15psi according to my guage.

·
Registered
479 Posts
i would shoot to make it to 11's in terms of AF. realize that rich is safer, b ut i think if you've got a vf34, then the psi target should be 17 conservative and 18 if you want to run on the edge.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts