ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
awsome man! thanks alot...

What brands of things should I get?

Also what is a good place to get them all at once?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've yanked my plugs before... It is pretty easy just make sure you use NGK brand ;)

Edit: My car is a 2.5 RS though....

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if they are part of the 60k or not... I emailed joe at flat4.... I will ask him...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just found this all allsubaru.com...

Change gear oil
Flush and service cooling system
Change brake fluid
Tune engine
Change spark plugs (2.5 L and SVX at 60,000 miles)
Perform induction & intake system service
Clean throttle assembly and linkage
Adjust carburetor (if applicable)
Change distributor cap and rotor (if applicable)
Engine compression check (2.5 L and SVX if applicable)
Set engine timing
Check engine computer for fault codes
Test/service battery
Adjust ECVT switches (if applicable)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think we can handle all that?

So far I have bought

Brake Pads Front - Ultimate MY02 (AXXIS)
Brake Pads Rear - Ultimate (AXXIS)
Intake - Flat Panel (Perrin)
Oil - Differential 75w90 (Redline)
Oil - Transmission 75w90ns Shockproof (Redline)
Spark Plugs - Iridium (NGK)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Originally posted by scooby24
how hard is it to replace spark plugs on these mofo's?
It took Zoombaru and I two hours to do mine, but that was with letting the car cool down, so if your engine isn't hot, give or take about an hour and 15 mintues.

-Dan

·
Registered
65 Posts
spark plugs...

After doing it twice in two weeks... I recommend:

a. let the car cool down or wear gloves

b. USE NGKs!!! (I decided to try and go with autolite and my car was UNHAPPY

c. don't forget to plug the MAF back it.

d. take the battery out also

I used a flex head ratchet, 5/8 spark plug socket, and a 3 inch locking extension. plus a 12mm socket to get the coils off each plug. I couldn't have really used anything else. the scoobymods directions have you using almost every tool in the shed, and I got 'em out, but didn't use 'em.

This isn't to big a deal, just a pain to take out wper fluid res, battery, and airbox... especially when the engine isn't cool... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
My spark plugs are easy, no battery under the hood and the filter sit on top of the throttle body. I remove 2 screws for the washer resevoir and I'm ready. hehe, other than that everything on that list has been done more than once except the fuel filter and coolant. I could afford to do a few of those items soon though, I've got 52,000 on the clock. Haven't done a compression test, but I did a leakdown test on Thursday: 9% on three of the 4 cylinders, and 15% on the other. Compression test I would imagine is good as well.

-Ryan

·
Registered
956 Posts
I started doing mine. I changed the rad hoses as my top one was bloated and split inside. my coolent was nasty with floating things in it. I checked the suspention parts and all looked but but there is some heavy wear to the end links so I think I will replace them. I think I will have the trans and diff serviced as I am to lazy to go that far. even though I know the fluids look good. my timming belt was recently looked at so I am not going to sweat that. belts looks good. just did oil change. brake fluid flush (suggested) was looking nasty with crap in it. I still have yet to change the spark plugs. wanted more opinions on them. was looking at NGK iridium ix. any thoughts? I looked over my brake pads but looked good. So at this point am I missing anything? besides air filter.
thanx

·
Registered
956 Posts
reasion I ask as I would think ngk offers several plugs for this car. so what works best for say soon to be stage 2.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I tried some Autolite plugs in my car... gapped them to factory spec, but man, the wrx DID NOT like the autolites. I drove all the way to F.A.S.T. (Aaron really is cool) on saturday afternoon just to get the NGK's, although if I were to do it again i'd just order them from an Auto Zone for cheaper. I was freaked though... :( The car had never been so unhappy. I'll always go with OEM plugs now. I had an extensive conversation with Prodrive about plugs and they've never noticed ANY difference with their setups and OEM vs. colder plugs, so I wouldn't mess with it. Especially at this altitude. with slightly less O2 in their, we really aren't concerned about detonation, and putting colder plugs in is just gonna delay ignition that much more putting the timing dangerously early if things ever did spark hot.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
tasq said:
Think we can handle all that?

So far I have bought

Brake Pads Front - Ultimate MY02 (AXXIS)
Brake Pads Rear - Ultimate (AXXIS)
Intake - Flat Panel (Perrin)
Oil - Differential 75w90 (Redline)
Oil - Transmission 75w90ns Shockproof (Redline)
Spark Plugs - Iridium (NGK)
You get brake fluid?

Try to find some clear plastic hose that we can use to bleed the brakes.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sent you a pm about your choice of fluids! Also what size / length of hose? :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
ok let ask this... What is on the list for things to do at 60k service? can anyone tell me that. also what ngk plugs are suggested? just regular or is there a spacific one?
thanx

1 - 20 of 25 Posts