ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 wrx I just recently purchased an up pipe, down pipe, cat back, clutch and flywheel. My question is how long can i go without getting a tune (waiting for the break in period for the clutch) or is it ok to get the tune with the new clutch? I plan on getting a pro tune but it seems like an accesport would make this much easier.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Run a line from the compressor to the wastegate. Get a tune ASAP

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have about an 80 mile drive to the tuner would it be fine and what about the break in period on the clutch?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I wouldn't drive that far without a tune on it. Yes, an AP makes the process much easier. You just won't get as much HP as you're likely to get with a good tune (assuming you have a good tuner that is).

What type of clutch and flywheel did you get?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up an exedy replacement and an act streetlight flywheel and from reading on here the flywheels gonna throw a code for a misfire correct?
I plan on taking the car to innovative tuning in buffalo ny I've only heard good things about them and a good friend of mine is having good luck with his stage 2 tune by him

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
hot_shoe said:
I have about an 80 mile drive to the tuner would it be fine and what about the break in period on the clutch?
No problem whatsoever; running that line will limit you to wastegate pressure. Just drive like a sane person and you'll be fine. Just be sure to label the OE lines as to where they go so you can quick reinstall them in the parking lot.

hot_shoe said:
I picked up an exedy replacement and an act streetlight flywheel and from reading on here the flywheels gonna throw a code for a misfire correct?
I plan on taking the car to innovative tuning in buffalo ny I've only heard good things about them and a good friend of mine is having good luck with his stage 2 tune by him
Mike's a great guy, he'll take care of you.

That said, don't get hung up on #s; his dyno is one of the lowest reading I've seen (because he doesn't tamper with it). In the past, stock STIs didn't break 200whp on there.

Check the CNY link in my signature and join up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts