Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to mod my car, but am worried about whether dealers are going to note that my car is modded, and refuse service at some point.

If anyone has had experience with dealers in the SF bay area that would be ideal.

Stage 0 is what I am thinking about, and my biggest worry is the uppipe ( the hardest thing to remove for trips to the shop)

It seems that if I don't do that then the unichip really won't do much, and neither will exhaust.

Is this the case, or does someone know how to get extra power that's easilly removable?

TIA

Dave

·
2,210 Posts
One option is to approach the service manager before you make the mods, and ask him what their attitude is, outside of the official SOA policy and the laws that will try to protect you.

-Pace

·
2,210 Posts
If you want 'easily removable', look at TurboXS' Unichip not Vishnu's. The TurboXS unit comes with a plug-and-play wiring harness. The Unichip can be removed in about 5 minutes; add another 5 minutes to remove the harness entirely. Vishnu's requires that you splice into your ECU harness.

Take a look at the TurboXS stage 1 kit - modest horsepower gains that are easily concealed from your dealership.

TurboXS

-Pace

p.s The nice thing about TurboXS' kits are that you can incrementally upgrade from one stage to the next when you get greedy for more power. :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
depends on your dealer...in So. Cal. I've been to dealers that said they will void your warranty (actually get on the computer and email SOA) for doing something as minor as hacking your silencer, others that would void it for screwwing with your boost in any way, and yet others that would do their best to honor the warranty any way they can unless the mod directly caused the failure. only way to know is to ask.

they place I got to said they had a guy who brought in a WRX that had the CRAP modded out of it with a blown engine, and they actually got SOA to pay for half of it....untill the rep went online and found a video of the guy's car in a drag race...legible license place and all (D'oh!)

·
2,210 Posts
The dealers can claim what they want. The reality is that they cannot void your warranty for any reason whatsoever. They are legally obligated to investigate the problem, and provide evidence to substantiate the claim that a third-party vehicle modification caused the problem. This is a simple statement of fact.

-Pace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts