ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any other way to get the uppipe out besides lifting the engine? Im having the hardest time loosening that bolt and its starting to strip. Is it just too hard to take out the turbo or move it enough so the uppipe can get out? thanks guys, any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Remove the EGT probe from the uppipe and you should be able to rotate it out slowly and carefully. Be careful not to **** anything up.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
You're having trouble with the motor mount nut? It comes on very tight, but get on there straight and just push harder (maybe longer wrench or breaker bar on the rachet?).

If that completely doesn't work, you can pull the turbo up out of the way. Its a bit more complicated that way but it'll work. Pop off the inlet hose (which is a pita to get back on) and see if you can get it to move enough to get the uppipe free. If not you'll have to remove coolant or oil lines to get it all the way freed up.

Jay

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I was able to get it out by just jacking up the engine without touching the engine mount bolts. With the EGT in and all. It came out of the bottom by the downpipe. It took a lot of wiggling though.

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
I've only taken out my up-pipe when I was swapping turbos and haven't had to jack up the engine either time. When you take out the up-pipe you unscrew every bolt that is attached to the turbo anyhow. After that you only have to disconnect some hoses to get it out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got it out

well i got it out by jacking up the engine, i had to use one of Sears' stripped bolt sockets. Its a socket with spiral grooves on the inside that cut into the bolt and lets ya get it out. pretty neat. thanks for all the ideas guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts