ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well while my wrx isn't insured and registered i figured it would be the best time to do some work to it. not that it needs any of these things but when i was thinking wingless i was thinking of this stuff too. but just an idea for now until i figure out if it would work..

1.question is would 2004 to 2007 taillights fit and work in a 2002 wrx?

2.are the trunks interchangeable between those years?

3.and then the bumper..if i got the newer taillights i would need the newer different bumper? for where the newer tailights have the half circle thing in them at the bottom.
...and would this bumper just bolt up?

thanks

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
1. Yes, they will fit with the 02-03 bumper but will stick out slightly on the inside bottom corners (nearest the trunk). It is hardly noticeable and in my opinion they are still way better than 02-03 tails

2. Yes, anything 02-07

3. As said before, you could keep the 02-03 bumper but changing to an 04-07 bumper would give you a better fit. Yes it should just bolt up.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
No problem. If you want some pics of 04-05 tails on an 03 with stock bumper and trunk let me know. I've now run, 03, JDM V8 (04-05 style), 07 and soon to be modded 07 taillights

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah could i see some pics of that. cuz i think i might go 06-07 tails but still trying to find the wrb 06-07bumper. so i might be stock bumper for a bit

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Well i can't find any good pictures showing the slight lip caused but here is one that shows how unnoticeable it is. I can take a pic of how they sit along the bumper if needed

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn you cant even tell unless your looking for it. thats not bad at all. thanks again. are the newer tails plug and play?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts