ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I buy a Tactrix cable where do I find the maps to upload from my laptop to my computer? Is it unusual to tune a bone stock wrx? Sometimes when the car is warm and I push the clutch all the way while I'm coming to a stop my idle drops quickly down below 1000 rpm and almost dies. I'm wondering if a tune while remedy this.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
What car do you have?

·
Registered
14 Posts
for the newer wrx's torqued performance makes nice maps. That's what I'm using. I used it bone stock and now with downpipe and intake

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I buy Tactrix Openport 2.0 that then I download 2008 Wrx Stage 1 that and I need nothing else to flash my existing ecu with those maps from Torqued performance?

How do I check my AFR once I've uploaded this map?
Are there other reliable places that offer these types of maps?
How do I flash back to my original maps from the manufacture,if it is possible?
Does it take any additional software/hardware (cables etc) to transfer those torqued performance maps from my laptop to my wrx?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Sometimes when the car is warm and I push the clutch all the way while I'm coming to a stop my idle drops quickly down below 1000 rpm and almost dies. I'm wondering if a tune while remedy this.
A tune will not magically fix a mechanical problem. You probably need to clean the IAC valve.

So I buy Tactrix Openport 2.0 that then I download 2008 Wrx Stage 1 that and I need nothing else to flash my existing ecu with those maps from Torqued performance?
Read the notes on the website.
How do I check my AFR once I've uploaded this map?
Buy a wideband O2 AFR sensor gauge
Are there other reliable places that offer these types of maps?
Yes
How do I flash back to my original maps from the manufacture,if it is possible?
By saving your original ROM. There are also serval websites that have the factory ROMs as well.
Does it take any additional software/hardware (cables etc) to transfer those torqued performance maps from my laptop to my wrx?
No. Read the sticky at the top of the page titled "Opensource software: Your questions answered here!"

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very helpfull thanks. What is the iac valve??? I understand It won't magical fix a mechanical problem sometimes it seems like its interpreting something improperly. But what is the iac valve? Yes I checked the stickie in the newbie forum I don't believe the abbreviation was there. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Idle Air Control.

Stage I is still worthwhile, but for completely different reasons.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where on my 08 wrx do I find the iac and how do I clean it???

Yea I think I'm going to go stage 1 to familiarize myself before I start modding.
Why else would you encourage stage 1 performance wise?

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Where on my 08 wrx do I find the iac and how do I clean it???

Yea I think I'm going to go stage 1 to familiarize myself before I start modding.
Why else would you encourage stage 1 performance wise?
I've never had a problem with mine and don't have access to that year service manual. I know there are DIY threads for some years if you search though.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Forgot you had an 08. No IAC valve on DBW cars. You might have a vacuum or turbo inlet leak. Regardless it is some kind of mechanical issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts