ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you thank a t66 would spool on our cars. Or is that turbo just way to big and would not run very well?

·
Registered
472 Posts
subbysti said:
How do you thank a t66 would spool on our cars. Or is that turbo just way to big and would not run very well?
I want to see what one of those greddy kits can do. 25g OOO EEEE!!! External WG, NO CREEPY CREEPY!!!

·
Banned
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trailboss said:
Why stop at a T66? Try a T88 :D
HMMMMMMMMM....................................:D

I think I am going to pass on that

·
Registered
472 Posts
subbysti said:
HMMMMMMMMM....................................:D

I think I am going to pass on that
t88 would be a bit too much indeed !

So the way I understand it is the reason subaru put a small turbo on a lower compression car is because the lower compression won't overboost the turbo down low. Where as if you put a small turbo on a HIGH compression car, it would spool too fast and you would have way too much boost. They put BIGGER turbo's on higher compression cars because of this. Now if you changed the compression ratio lets say to 9.3:1, would it be more feasable to run a bigger turbo?

·
Registered
253 Posts
big turbos efficiently run run at higher psi than smaller ones. all factory turbo cars usualy run low compression (8.5:1) because high compression and high boost= BOOM. subaru put a small turbo on for good spool time on the EJ20 as it is a street car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts