Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are located on South Huntington in Roxbury. Has anyone in the Boston area had or heard of any experiences with them? :confused:

I am looking to have my Defi gauges put in there.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
82 Posts
Install them yourself, you lazy bum!;)

They are so easy to install. The only thing you'll need a shop to do is tap your exhaust manifold(assuming you got an EGT gauge).

·
Registered
291 Posts
i think they're overprice in alot of things. do it yourself, that way you'll know how to replace it if needed and do other stuff to it.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's called laziness Pete :)

Well had them installed and everything works great....no complaints. One of the guys there bought a silver sedan and is putting lots of good stuff in there. We will see what their knowledge is in a few months.

They are good in my book so far.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the Defi BF series boost, egt, and oil pressure from german-autowerks

They were the cheapest around...

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only other shop that I am aware of in the Boston area is Adrenalin Motorsport

They also have the only four wheel dyno that I know of in the area....

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:
The only other shop that I am aware of in the Boston area is Adrenalin Motorsport

They also have the only four wheel dyno that I know of in the area....
adrenaline is actually a good 30 miles + west of the city. RPM motorsports is located on brighton ave in allson, and Eastside Performance is located on Main street in waltham.

dR

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dark_rex said:

adrenaline is actually a good 30 miles + west of the city. RPM motorsports is located on brighton ave in allson, and Eastside Performance is located on Main street in waltham.

dR
I stopped in to RPM Motorsports...they are getting away from major performance and seem to be focusing on aesthetics and basic performance like exhaust....

If you are looking for rims they have tons...

dR...not familiar with Eastside Performance. What's their story?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Eastside- Main St Waltham.. Right down the street from where I work, and didnt even know it! I'll go check it out. Thanks Dark. And obsessed I'll go check out those gauges too. Just got my wheels last week. Kartboy/bushings, momo knob, and shift trim on the way. Figure I'll get those gauges next.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:

I stopped in to RPM Motorsports...they are getting away from major performance and seem to be focusing on aesthetics and basic performance like exhaust....

If you are looking for rims they have tons...

dR...not familiar with Eastside Performance. What's their story?
similar to RPM, as they outsource the major stuff. but good for suspension upgrades and the like. they order a lot of their parts direct, so they're fairly reasonable, and you can bargain them down if you're saavy.

dR

·
Registered
1 Posts
shops!

wow, you guys arent much into the street racing scene in ma are you.....no offence its not for some. anyway, pf modify in brighton is your best bet.....these guys are amazing, everything they do is sick and they own one of the tightest wrx's youll see thats fully streetable.........heres their link....www.pfmodify.com it these guys are great! they specialize in fully custom mods and **** to make ur car really origional.......hit them up youll see what i mean!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have probably passed that place a thousand times and didn't even know it was there...i'll check it out...are there any pics of their wrx on the internet? i didn't see it on the website..

as for the street racing scene in ma....i didn't even know that one really existed. but then again the straight line things doesn't really do much for me...i wouldn't mind checking it out one night just to see what's up though...

how much do cops get involved in the scene here...i can't imagine it is anything like cali or florida..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: shops!

bean-town-racer said:
wow, you guys arent much into the street racing scene in ma are you.....no offence its not for some. anyway, pf modify in brighton is your best bet.....these guys are amazing, everything they do is sick and they own one of the tightest wrx's youll see thats fully streetable.........heres their link....www.pfmodify.com it these guys are great! they specialize in fully custom mods and **** to make ur car really origional.......hit them up youll see what i mean!
So, do they have a full shop, now? I know they were working out of that auto body shop.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
damn pete....what have you been up to?

-Brian

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not much...just working some crazy ass hours. It's that time of the year..ya know.:)

And I'm usually on that other site.;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Unfortuantely, I'm not crazy about F1 Boston. Last two times I was there, I got penalized when I shouldn't have. And seeing how much it costs to go there...I'm not about to give them anymore of my money after those experiences.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they are a little pricey...i think they have realized this...

they have a deal on right now on sundays....20 laps for $20...

·
Registered
158 Posts
WRC_Obsessed

I see you got your gauges installed at T3, i'm surprised they didn't f*ck anything up...As far as real performance mods, I don't know if I'd trust them to do it...They seem to half ass alot of their work, what were you planning on having them do in a few months? I wish Boston had some real tuners in the area that actually have dynos in the shop and not just install intakes and mufflers all day, like 90% of them do. There's a shop in Stoughton called B&D Motorsport, they charge a good amount of money for work but I think they're worth it. Only thing with them is, they dont have a dyno to fine tune, they "street tune" which I think is worthless...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts